My rear hatch is leaking, help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I was cleaning up my 95 integra today. When I opened the hatch I noticed the floor was wet. I removed everything from the back, and I found a small puddle of water in the spare area. It looks like it is coming in from the back. Has anyone run into this problem with their integra? Any suggestion on how to attack this problem?

You attack it with new seals from Honda. Hatch (almost all of them) develop this issue over the years, it's the nature of the design.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Mar 14 2004, 12:39 AM
So I take it this problem I am experiencing is a common one for the age.

That and rusty rear quarters are like death and taxes for Hondas.

O its true. I have those already. Lucky for me I found a guy who has been doing body work for 2x longer than I've been alive B) . His work is awesome and it does it for a hobbie, aka it does it well and cheap.

There is also styrofoam gaskets around the taillights that cause a problem. Have a friend spray the back of the car with a hose and sit in the hatch with a flashlight and look for leaks.

Thanks I will try that before I go crazy on the new oem seals. I think it is coming in from the back so that just might be it

I have a 91 integra-ive never had any problems with water in the hatch area. Ive been having a problem around the ECU area(passenger side upper floor. This has been concering me ya know with my cars electronic brain getting wet. anyone know whats leakin?/ what to replace? my amp power wire runs in in the area- but the hole isnt that big and leads to the engine bay so I dont think it is that.

I just thought Id post it in here because we are on the topic of leaks and the other person got a answer.

Back