N/a b18c build...dd!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

i'm picking up my buddies 95 4door integra for dirt cheap. it currently has a jdm b18c complete swap and tein coilovers with i/e.

i want to keep it stock block and do all n/a bolt-ons. im looking for parts that will give me the most bang for my buck. this will also be my DD (i have an evo 8 rs as my track car)

the parts ive come up with so far are:
RMF "style" HEADER / FULL 2.5IN EXHAUST (unsure what brand. i want a stock looking muffler without being too loud) / AEM V2 INTAKE (last time i checked,this intake made some nice power) / some set of n/a cams (unsure about what set to go with?) with springs and retainers / A TUNE.

does this sound like a decent setup? can anyone tell me approx. how much whp i should be making on 93oct?

thnx for everyones help

Thats all pretty basic. Its a bit vague though. Deciding on a set of cams would be good. Thats gunna be what determines your power the most out of the parts you listed. Besides the tune of course.

dude its hard to guess whp without knowing what cams you like.... if this is going to be a true daily driver then maybe stage one or ITR cams would be best. but if you want more then everyone seems to like the skunk2 pro2 cams. and of course the rest of the valvetrain will have to upgraded too. also you could throw in some adjustable cam gears too, especially with aftermarket cams, your tuner may be able to get you some more power with cam timing.

i talked to a buddy today who has an em1 SI with skunk2 stg 1 na cams with stock v.t and stock block and he said the cams were nice, but pretty much the same as type r's. i think i may go with something a little more (but still stay dd-able) like the skunk2 pro2's (thnx mdpseg). ill also do v.t. does any1 have any experience with the pro2's? if so, can you plz give your opinions?

as far as the exhaust, the apexi ws2 looks clean but....its a little too shiny for me haha seriously, the cops love to pull me over where i live. i hate it. so i was looking for something "stock" looking. this chick i know has a eg bubble with a jdm r swap and a clean looking exhaust. the muffler and tip were black. very low key. . ?

ive done some research on the best header for a b18 and i came across the RMF HEADER. besides hytech, this header made some amazing whp. 16whp on a stock b16! ive found replica rmf headers for around 500. i just hope its up to the same specs as the "real" rmf header?! anyone?

and as far as the tune...do you guys really think that with all what i have planned plus the cams, that a simple vafc will be sufficient enough? if so, that would save me a nice chunk of $ to spend elsewhere
smile.gif

as far as the exhaust, the apexi ws2 looks clean but....its a little too shiny for me haha seriously, the cops love to pull me over where i live. i hate it. so i was looking for something "stock" looking. this chick i know has a eg bubble with a jdm r swap and a clean looking exhaust. the muffler and tip were black. very low key. . ?

It might be an RSR exhaust. Some of those are available in black finishes...

A VAFC will not be as good as a tune. Just get the tune, and youll be happy with the outsome.

i know hondata is the ideal thing to use for tuning, but is there anything else that wont break my wallet? ive heard of chrome but am unsure who could tune it and how reliable that tuning software is? any suggestions? do you guys think a skunk2 chip will be sufficient with i/h/e/cams/vt. ?

The software itself is fine, you just need a tuner who knows it. I myself am using Crome on my build. The S2 chip isnt a good idea. Any mail order tune for that matter, isnt a good idea.

hondata isnt a mail order tune, it allows the new maps your tuner gets programed to be used with your ecu. go with a s100 if your on a budget, dont try and get lucky by programing crome yourself

the skunk2 pro 2 cams work best with a built motor (high compression), i forgot to mention that.

and for tuning hondata or neptune are great, and crome will work. find someone reputable to tune you car and talk to them about it. thats what i did

Until you start filling the bottle over and over again.

Exhaust- go for the Greddy Evolution 2 or whatever succeeded it. The muffler tucks up inside the chassis (tip exits towards the bottom of the can) so it's a good bit more stealth than a super bling aftermarket exhaust, plus the tone is really subtle when you're just tooling around town.

Back