NASCAR screws Toyota

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If they uncapped the power limits and let the teams do whatever the heck they wanted, they would be driving 2000hp 400mph monster cars. Sounds like fun, but realistically, the crashes would lead to way more fatalities.

Hrmm, uncapped nascar ftmfw.

I don't think thats true, there's a limit to how much power you can have for any given track, too much power and you can't use it. If someone wants to run 2000HP cars, go for it, however, good luck putting it down and making it do much more then spinning you out or roasting your tires a few laps early then the rest of the guys.

Last thing a team wants to do is wreck a car race after race.

Let them find their own limits. I might start watching nascar if that happens, till then, who gives a F. I still have no idea why I opened this thread in the first place.

No real skill in NASCAR, the real stuff lies in F1. Flying around a twisty track in a 200mph tube with wings against some of the best drivers around the WORLD, is alot better than driving in V8 go karts against the redneck friends you growed up wit. No offence to you NASCAR fans its just its boring for me to watch and im Canadian. They seem to classify it as an American sport only...... typically white males, the worst kind lol. F1 welcomes all nationalities, in fact most of the drivers dont speak english.

Just my 2 cents. I happen to be Italian/Canadian so being brought up with F1, ferrari and soccer you can understand me being against sports only accepting of the ones who started it.

Plus the American car companies are scared shitless of the Jap/Euros.

Yeah, but the problem is when they add a power limit to ONE MANUFACTURER and no other. Now, I'm sure they had their reasons, but I'm also sure that some of the sponsors got a little antsy. Guess what car speed-crazed rednecks what to buy will be if a Toyota keeps cleaning house?

Hint: Not something with a R07 engine, because it didn't win the NASCAR cup, probably more along the lines of a Tundra with the TRD 5.7 engine.

There is a horse power limit on every NASCAR on the track. Thats where this whole problem came from. NASCAR officials found magnets stuck to the bottom of the throttle pedals in 2 Toyotas. As everyone in this forum should know, shortening the travel of the throttle pedal cuts horse power. If these Toyotas are actually completely legal, why would they need to put magnets on the pedals to pass the dyno inspection?

No real skill in NASCAR, the real stuff lies in F1. Flying around a twisty track in a 200mph tube with wings against some of the best drivers around the WORLD, is alot better than driving in V8 go karts against the redneck friends you growed up wit. No offence to you NASCAR fans its just its boring for me to watch and im Canadian. They seem to classify it as an American sport only...... typically white males, the worst kind lol. F1 welcomes all nationalities, in fact most of the drivers dont speak english.

Just my 2 cents. I happen to be Italian/Canadian so being brought up with F1, ferrari and soccer you can understand me being against sports only accepting of the ones who started it.

Plus the American car companies are scared shitless of the Jap/Euros.
no real skill in nascar?!?!?your kidding right??
driving a 500+whp car for 2,3,4 chours in heat well over 100% no breaks,timeouts or anything,
you make a mental mistake playing soccer,and you may just lose the game,you make a mental mistake in a car andd you can kill someone...
i drive in the nascar weekly division and i have played just about everyother sport,and i can tell you,driving around in circles IS NOT easy,nascar involves tons of skill,so dont talk shit if you dont have the experience

Ok ok that may have been a little extreme on that, but i do see more skill in F1, super light with 16,000 rpm 1000hp V10's. Bwaaapp.

NASCAR officials found magnets stuck to the bottom of the throttle pedals in 2 Toyotas. As everyone in this forum should know, shortening the travel of the throttle pedal cuts horse power. If these Toyotas are actually completely legal, why would they need to put magnets on the pedals

Cruise control? :D

Ok ok that may have been a little extreme on that, but i do see more skill in F1, super light with 16,000 rpm 1000hp V10's. Bwaaapp.

Last I heard they rev up to 19000rpm, and engine displacement went down from 3l to 2.4l. :)

But yes, F1 does require more skill than NASCAR. NASCAR is more of an endurance sport.....it's like soccer player vs. cross country runner. Both can run long distances but a soccer player has to do more than run with his feet.

in heat well over 100%

i drive in the nascar weekly division and i have played just about everyother sport,and i can tell you,driving around in circles IS NOT easy,nascar involves tons of skill,so dont talk shit if you dont have the experience
What is 100 percent heat? and how does it differ from 95 percent heat? or even 90 percent heat? :mellow:

So this nascar weekly division doesn't require you to have a drivers license?

I'm not gonna knock driving in circles for hours being hard but you're never gonna convince me that it's 'OMG y0, that takes m4d skillz 4 realz' like you make it seem. Driving at 200mph in circles is a lot easier to perfect than driving an F1 car through twisties and hair pin turns...

Before anyone can throw around the statement that one requires more skill than another, you need to consider some things. First, in any given NASCAR race there is roughly a dozen competetive lead changes. Competetive meaning, that the leader of the race doesnt pit or have an accident and loose the lead. There havent been that many competetive lead changes in F1 in the last 2 years. The pole sitter usually wins the race. Second, the general design of the cars. F1 cars do make both right and left turn at various speeds. Just look at the car, obvioulsy it was designed to do so with the greatest ease. NASCARs only make one turn the whole race for most races. Clearly they were designed to do only that. So to say ones easier than the other isnt very valid. Apples and oranges. NASCAR, door to door competition, constantly battling for postion. F1, guiding your car through a course with very little oppostion.

Except the road courses NASCAR runs. I've stated that already in this thread. While a majority of NASCAR events are left turns, which I don't enjoy, I enjoy watching the road courses.

What is 100 percent heat? and how does it differ from 95 percent heat? or even 90 percent heat? :mellow:

So this nascar weekly division doesn't require you to have a drivers license?

I'm not gonna knock driving in circles for hours being hard but you're never gonna convince me that it's 'OMG y0, that takes m4d skillz 4 realz' like you make it seem. Driving at 200mph in circles is a lot easier to perfect than driving an F1 car through twisties and hair pin turns...
no weekly racing doesnt require you to have a drivers license..and it was supposed to say degrees i fucked that up with the percent sign..
and it takes alot of mental skill to be able to drive in circles(due to setups and knowing what your car is doing)
and alot of physical skill(due to actually physically driving) its not like you just sit down,push the gas and turn the wheel..yopi have to fight loose/tight cars,heat,eaxhaustion,you have to make decisions

and as newb said its like apples to oranges with F1

Except the road courses NASCAR runs. I've stated that already in this thread. While a majority of NASCAR events are left turns, which I don't enjoy, I enjoy watching the road courses.

I realize you already said that, thats why i wasnt directing that at you. the general tone is "dumbass hillbillies drivin in circles." Its far from that. Its not simply push gas and turn.

Before anyone can throw around the statement that one requires more skill than another, you need to consider some things. First, in any given NASCAR race there is roughly a dozen competetive lead changes. Competetive meaning, that the leader of the race doesnt pit or have an accident and loose the lead. There havent been that many competetive lead changes in F1 in the last 2 years. The pole sitter usually wins the race. Second, the general design of the cars. F1 cars do make both right and left turn at various speeds. Just look at the car, obvioulsy it was designed to do so with the greatest ease. NASCARs only make one turn the whole race for most races. Clearly they were designed to do only that. So to say ones easier than the other isnt very valid. Apples and oranges. NASCAR, door to door competition, constantly battling for postion. F1, guiding your car through a course with very little oppostion.

Are you kidding? F1 cars don't make much passes because it's MUCH MUCH more difficult. When you fall behind, it's also much more difficult to catch up too because of the course. Try passing someone while also braking and turning left and right with different radius turns, chicanes, etc. Passes also happen much quicker in F1(and many other forms of auto racing) due to this(instead of spending a lap or more next to some body).

We know that both forms of racing are difficult, but you can't really compare NASCAR to F1 because the skills required are different. Would a F1 driver be able to easily compete in NASCAR? Vice versa?

Last edited:
We know that both forms of racing are difficult, but you can't really compare NASCAR to F1 because the skills required are different. Would a F1 driver be able to easily compete in NASCAR? Vice versa?

No need to get defensive. In the quote you just argued the same point I've been tryin to argue.

And no Im not kidding. Youre right it is much more difficult, obviously. My point was, its not easy to hold off 5 different cars that are trying to take your position from you.

Juan Pablo Montoya is a NASCAR driver. He came to NASCAR from F1. He doesnt do any better in one than the other.

Another thing to consider, when was the last time in F1 that 3 cars have gone through 2 consecutive turns, side by side, at 180 MPH. Never. It happens pretty regularly in NASCAR. Therefore, NASCAR isnt as simple as some ppl are makin it.

F1 cars do make both right and left turn at various speeds. Just look at the car, obvioulsy it was designed to do so with the greatest ease. NASCARs only make one turn the whole race for most races. Clearly they were designed to do only that. So to say ones easier than the other isnt very valid. Apples and oranges.
Doesn't NASCAR have a few road courses that they do?

One IS easier than the other. Not saying going in circles isn't difficult, it's just that you and other NASCAR fans are asking for more respect, in terms of skill level, than going in circles deserves. Just my opinion of course...

Another thing to consider, when was the last time in F1 that 3 cars have gone through 2 consecutive turns, side by side, at 180 MPH. Never. It happens pretty regularly in NASCAR. Therefore, NASCAR isnt as simple as some ppl are makin it.
when was the last time you seen an F1 course have a turn as simple and a track as wide as NASCAR? I never said NASCAR was simple, it's just not on the difficulty level as the other types of racing such as F1.

it's just that you and other NASCAR fans are asking for more respect, in terms of skill level, than going in circles deserves. Just my opinion of course...

Im not askin for respect. And your right that is your opinion, which differs from mine.

when was the last time you seen an F1 course have a turn as simple and a track as wide as NASCAR?

This only helps me prove that comparing the 2 is like comparing apples and oranges. You cant say one is more difficult than the other, when theyre soo different from each other.

Back