NASCAR screws Toyota

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seriously who the fuck cares? this is a thread about toyota and nascar, not nascar and * .

Lol, enough ppl care to keep it goin.

No need to get defensive. In the quote you just argued the same point I've been tryin to argue.

And no Im not kidding. Youre right it is much more difficult, obviously. My point was, its not easy to hold off 5 different cars that are trying to take your position from you.

Juan Pablo Montoya is a NASCAR driver. He came to NASCAR from F1. He doesnt do any better in one than the other.

Another thing to consider, when was the last time in F1 that 3 cars have gone through 2 consecutive turns, side by side, at 180 MPH. Never. It happens pretty regularly in NASCAR. Therefore, NASCAR isnt as simple as some ppl are makin it.

You're arguing a completely different point. What you're doing is defending NASCAR with points that apply(or are similar) to F1 also.

I wasn't looking for an actual answer to the question, but in case you wondered; YOU WOULDN'T KNOW! All driver's are not the same, but the skills required for the two are different(refer to my soccer vs. running analogy).

Have you seen F1 cars race? It's almost impossible to stay side by side unless you feel like off-roading or play chicken with the wall. F1 courses are tighter than large ovals(with even tighter turns). In some cases, they do go through turns side by side but not for long at all. You think a NASCAR can run side by side at 180mph on a turn at...say...Road Atlanta? What F1 drivers deal with is the guy behind him riding his ass and diving into corners. Completely different, yet which one you think would be more difficult?

Here's a nice video: Insane F1 race You don't see "battles" like that in NASCAR.

Last edited:
. Would a F1 driver be able to easily compete in NASCAR? Vice versa?
juan pablo montoya,tony stewart,patrick carpantier
theres more jus cant remember

and i remember last year when juan ,oved to nascar,he said,"the skill level involved in nascar is on a totally differant level,"

You're arguing a completely different point. What you're doing is defending NASCAR with points that apply(or are similar) to F1 also.

I wasn't looking for an actual answer to the question, but in case you wondered; YOU WOULDN'T KNOW! All driver's are not the same, but the skills required for the two are different(refer to my soccer vs. running analogy).

Have you seen F1 cars race? It's almost impossible to stay side by side unless you feel like off-roading or play chicken with the wall. F1 courses are tighter than large ovals(with even tighter turns). In some cases, they do go through turns side by side but not for long at all. You think a NASCAR can run side by side at 180mph on a turn at...say...Road Atlanta? What F1 drivers deal with is the guy behind him riding his ass and diving into corners. Completely different, yet which one you think would be more difficult?

Here's a nice video: Insane F1 race You don't see "battles" like that in NASCAR.

that was an epic video. rep for you.

Are you sure your readin what Im sayin? Im not defeding NASCAR with points that apply to both. Like you said its nearly impossible for F1's to run side by side. I was using that as an example to show how different the 2 are. I guess I didnt make that clear enough.

I dont recal sayin all drivers are the same, could you show me where I did? And yes I know the 2 skill requirements are different, thats what Ive been sayin this whole time.

I never said NASCARs could run side by side on any road course. Again, I was illustrating how different the two are. I said something along the lines of, its not easy to hold off 5 other cars in your immiediate area, trying to take your position.

My mistake on the driver comment. I thought you named a driver that switched and used that as an example(misreading on my part). But, that proves that you can't generalize NASCAR and F1 drivers.

No, but you did describe how that makes NASCAR difficult and how a F1 car could go through a course "with very little oppostion". No one said it was easy to fend off 5 cars from passing you, but you brought it up that they're constantly battling for position. F1 cars don't battle for position I guess; you finish in the order you started :p Using a example of 2 cars side to side during at a turn at 180mph; well you think a F1 car couldn't do that on the same track?

Last edited:
My mistake on the driver comment. I thought you named a driver that switched and used that as an example(misreading on my part). But, that proves that you can't generalize NASCAR and F1 drivers.

No, but you did describe how that makes NASCAR difficult and how a F1 car could go through a course "with very little oppostion". No one said it was easy to fend off 5 cars from passing you, but you brought it up that they're constantly battling for position. F1 cars don't battle for position I guess; you finish in the order you started :p Using a example of 2 cars side to side during at a turn at 180mph; well you think a F1 car couldn't do that on the same track?

First off, when I quote you in my reply, the txt is a lil different. So, well see what actually gets put up when I reply. :)

Im not trying to generalize drivers. Im tryin to say how different their skill sets are. Maybe my wording wasnt as good as it could be.

On second thought, my wording wasnt as good as it could be. "With very little opposition" isnt the best way to describe it. However, most passes in an F1 race are made when a car pits or crashes.

No I dont think an F1 would be doing 180mph on an oval. Because Ive seen em run on ovals, and they run out over 200mph. :D

Back