Need big help with turbo engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DesertNightEagle

I have an h22/23 frankenstein engine and now i'm in a huge spot with the turbo. ok i'm running the golden eagle intake manifold, aem fuel rails and everything.

I went to go talk to my honda engine builder and ask him about injectors cuz obviously stock isnt going to hold up. well he told me for the safest and best way and the only way he'll tune it(maryland emissions and detonation in mind) to keep the stock ones in but i have to add another set injectors and fuel rail somewhere else on that intake manifold running its own wiring to a switch like thing that runs by itself and not the ecu. this means that i have to tap holes into the manifold, weld some bracket so it can hold the fuel rail and injectors.

Well, i'm starting to run out of money but i want to make sure my car wont detonate. so i was just wondering if running bigger injectors, aem fuel regulator+ filter with my stuff will be safe. i really just want to run around 6-8 psi since i invested so much money in my engine i dont want to blow it up. this isn't a race engine, it will be more of a weekend driver/show car.

Any info or comments would help me alot

What is your setup; what engine work have you done if any? What do you have for internal parts, and what sized turbo are you going to run? There is a big difference with 6 psi on a t25 and 6 psi on a t4.

With a small to medium turbo you could just keep your stock injectors, and use a EMS (uberdata, aem, hondata, etc) to prevent detonation. If you need bigger injectors I would have a second fuel rail setup for inspection and emissions. Once you pass just switch back to you performance rail.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Aug 28 2004, 12:08 PM
What is your setup; what engine work have you done if any? What do you have for internal parts, and what sized turbo are you going to run? There is a big difference with 6 psi on a t25 and 6 psi on a t4.

With a small to medium turbo you could just keep your stock injectors, and use a EMS (uberdata, aem, hondata, etc) to prevent detonation. If you need bigger injectors I would have a second fuel rail setup for inspection and emissions. Once you pass just switch back to you performance rail.
[post=383012]Quoted post[/post]​

well i have a t3/t4 hybrid turbo with a turbonetics wastegate, h22 head is ported, crower stage 1 cams with aem timing gears, aem power pulleys, goldeneagle intake manifold, aem fuel rail, str 70mm throttlebody.

I havent yet bought the fuel regulator but its coming soon, depending on your guys opinions injectors and EMS or FMU might be coming soon too.

I'm just not sure to say about this setup since i have no experience in turbos, and quite honestly this whole 2 injectors per cylinder was the first time i've ever seen in my life. Thanks for your input.

You should be good with your stock injectors, But I would reccommend getting some RC's

Hold on, hold on, hold on. Which stock injectors? The Si or the VTEC stock injectors? That is a BIG DEAL. 345cc is considerably more than 240cc.

What is the maximum amount of fuel you will need? Figure out what the most flow you will ever produce in your engine.

Here is what we need to know:

Your cubic centimeter displacement

Your exact turbo (a map would help, but we can find one if you cant)

What the maximum RPM you operate this engine at (if the number you say is larger than 7000, then we have other problems).

What AFR you consider to be safe for peak pressure (I'm going to say no more than 12.5 for a Prelude motor, you need the extra fuel to carry the heat out of the cylinder).

The rest we can figure out.

Fill in the blanks and I'll tell you what size injectors you need in a long post ;).

Additional injectors = DO NOT RUN. Conflicting spray patterns almost invariably make fuel drop out of suspension, making your mixture suck ass. This is why very few (if any) people are making power out of the shitty Edlebrock "Performer X" kit.

FMU = Rich as piss. I know I said you needed the extra fuel, but your transition cells between nothing and balls out is going to suck. The only way you can "correct" the FMU is by leaning it out, which will make the top end too lean. There's no winning with it. Throw it away.

EMS of some sort is the best option. Christ, run the hack before you do either of the above mentioned.

turbo-
· Brand: Borgwarner / IHI
·
· Model: 51T-32
·
· Size: T3/T04E
·
· Compressor A/R: 0.7
·
· Compressor trim: 46
·
· * 360° thrustplate, dynamic seal, integrated backplate
·
· Turbine A/R: 0.6
·
· Turbine trim: stage II
·
· Flange type: standard T3
·
· water cooling: NO

max rpm I want to run is 6500 rpm – its basically a show car that I would like to drive on the street on weekends.

We are running what I believe are the h22 vtec injectors, but I don’t mind switching them out.

As for cubic centimeters you talking engine? I have a 2.3L bottom end so I presume its 2300cc. I’m not too sure of the cfm flow of the intake manifold but I might be able to find it.

And as I said I’m only looking for 6lbs of boost, maybe upto 8, but no more. I don’t need to blow an engine that I spent over 12grand on.

does any of the ems or hacks have a website i might be able to get more info about them and possibly buy their units.

Back