Need Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Troll

Well, obviously, I'm new here. And I'm doing something interesting yet sick.... I'm going to put a newer Honda engine into a '79 Prelude. Yes, I know it's just not right. But hey, it's better than my Dodge V6 plan, don't you say? Anywho, I just need some help on which engine would fit under my hood. The electrical, for the most part, needs to be redone anywaise so I don't really need to bother with that. So, yeah. I need all the help I need.

No, money is not really an issue. I'm not exactly buying everything at once, I'm going to slowly build it. And, what's the specs on that engine of yours?

sorry to try and :cockblocked: your sale but if your going to be spending all this time and effort, you dont want to throw a 70 hp engine in there. Not sure about clearance but the H22 in there would make it a sweet drag car. Basicly there is not going to be any engien that just bolts in, you going to have to relocate mounts, do tons or wiring. It will take alot to get it running.

none of the above will fit with out a hacksaw, die grinder and a welder.

I will leave the decision up to you- its your car. but do you REALLY want to spend 20 grand on a 1979 prelude?
that choice is yours to make- but i doubt you are going to get a b or h-series motor in there and working for cheaper.

I see what you are saying. Well, I guess that I'll just buy my Gramps Civic DX (I know it's newer.... don't know what year though....) for 4 grand. It's nice and clean too. Well, thanks.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 2 2003, 02:36 AM
none of the above will fit with out a hacksaw, die grinder and a welder.

I will leave the decision up to you- its your car. but do you REALLY want to spend 20 grand on a 1979 prelude?
that choice is yours to make- but i doubt you are going to get a b or h-series motor in there and working for cheaper.

Now, is that cost counting what you think that pro's will charge? Cus, I'm doing all the hacking, slashing, and welding myself (actually, my Pa is). So, yeah. Just curious on that part.

no- thats you.

Pro's probably woun't even attempt it

Back