need help on a d15b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacraze

Ok i had a d16y8 originally it blew up i got a d15b for a good price and went to work, after getting the motor into the car i realized there isnt a knock sensor on the block nor a crank sensor... i know i need a knock sensor but donot know how to put it on the new motor, also is the crank sensor neccessory??

Why would you need a knock on a motor that doesn't come with one ;)

And lay off the large colored type, we can all read just fine.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 26 2005, 10:34 AM
Why would you need a knock on a motor that doesn't come with one ;)

And lay off the large colored type, we can all read just fine.
[post=516575]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry about the font, well i took the car and had it checked and when the results came back is was showing a knock sensor missing and a misfire i assumed that meant i need to hook up my knock sensor

And crankshaft position sensor is inside the distributor.

Right, OBD I 's don't have KS, are you using the OBD II ECU? IF so it is looking for it and not seeing it, so it is sending a CEL. You could install one I guess.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 26 2005, 10:43 AM
Right, OBD I 's don't have KS, are you using the OBD II ECU? IF so it is looking for it and not seeing it, so it is sending a CEL. You could install one I guess.
[post=516580]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah im using my obdII due to the obdII testing my car has to have so can i just dril into the block and mount it lol

Not the route I would take. I don't know aboiut teh D15B, but maybe there is a mounting spot on the back that has a bolt in it, or a blank spot that looks like it could have been for one. I know my B16A has this spot.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 26 2005, 10:50 AM
Not the route I would take. I don't know aboiut teh D15B, but maybe there is a mounting spot on the back that has a bolt in it, or a blank spot that looks like it could have been for one. I know my B16A has this spot.
[post=516584]Quoted post[/post]​

Well i got the sensors fixed but it doesnt matter now because the oil pump in the "new" motor was bad and the motor is now knocking i got the oil light at the same time i got the knocking.. Anybody know a good site to purchase a D16Y8 :blink:

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 26 2005, 10:38 AM
D series don't use knock sensors. 96+ might, but not D15Bs as far as I know.
[post=516579]Quoted post[/post]​

no 96+ don't have knocks on there d series!

Back