Need help with b-series hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kermet420

i just bought a 1989 honda civic hatchback and its wired for a b-series motor. i dont know really to much im trying to learn but the guy told be i could put any DOHC motor to the B-series wiring harness. Is this true b/c i dont think it is?? Can any one help me

It should be wired for obd0 multiport injection. And may have VTEC wired up or not. Can you ask the guy you got it from? It will make a difference which motors will plug right in.

^^Agreed. Find out from the guy which motor was in there previously and what OBD it is running. Or just ask him which harness he modified and what modifications he did to it.

he prolly ment any dohc engine from the era of the car =P if so there is a guy up here in maine selling a 89 b20a5 from a prelude you could put tht in there lol

he prolly ment any dohc engine from the era of the car =P if so there is a guy up here in maine selling a 89 b20a5 from a prelude you could put tht in there lol

The Prelude B20 is the worst B-series motor Honda made. Do your research before you start telling people options they have.

The B20 out of the CRV is the one that everyone swaps in.

im very aware of that hints the "lol" on it no need to be an ass i wouldn't even waste my time putting something tht old in a car that is just plain dumb and i wasnt telling him his options if i was i would list every be series motor ever made but since that would be a waste of time. n all he would have to do is ask the guy if its the original harness or not if so buy one and an ecu off ebay for 120 bucks and then put whatever b series motor you want in the car...

the guy i got it from said it is obdo so what kind of motor can i put to it

Please post in the proper forum
This forum says
Civic and CRX - EW (3 Viewing)
3rd gen Civic and 1st gen CRX technical questions.

You have a 4th gen civic. Also the sticky at the top of the ew forum says for 84-87 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back