Need help

Ricky757

So I bought a 2000 civic lx and it already had a d16y8 motor in it well it's running like crap and throwing codes .one that sticks in my head is the iacv well I looked and the harness that on this car there is no plug for the iacv..let me say that the computer that's on this car is a p2e and I'm thinking it's wrong..i have a p28 and a p2p sitting around and neither one will allow my harness to plug into them ..now what's wrong here ..the car is a 5 speed ..

Do I need a whole new engine harness and computer .if so what exact one do I need ..

Somone please help get this car running right .tell me what i need to do please

E_SolSi

Member of the 20 nut club
VIP
p2e is a non vtec ecu, definitely wrong for a d16y8
can you put up some pics of what you have going on there so we can get a better idea on what will be needed

Ricky757

Yeah I can tomorrow providing it's not raining .. there's age some things I want top take pics of that i have questions about and i figured that the ecu i have in my car now wasn't right . Thanks for that

Ricky757

So here's a pic on my harness that goes into the ecu ..I was told that the p2p witch I have is the way I need to go ..do I need a jumper because my harness now wont plug directly into the p2p if so what jumper harness do I need ?

Attachments

• 20200607_100750.jpg
    20200607_100750.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 41

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
You may need an OBD2b to OBD2a conversion harness... But honestly, you're better off buying the correct ECU for your year, it'll be cheaper.

There was a split at 97/98 for OBD2a and OBD2b.