need some q's answered please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok so what's up guys new to this but I need some info

I am getting a b18b from a gsr with ls heads I need to know what I'm gunna need to do this swap as I'm not sure what gen my car is so any help would be greatly appreciated

You're going to need a bigass bag of fuckin' zipties, and the 'search' function of this website.

Oh, and a DIET COKE!!!!

Thanks for the reply but no help the actual question is what hardware and what not the motor in the car is a d16y6 I believe and just wanna see what I'm lookin at

the B18B is not a GSR engine... it is an LS engine

if you were sold a GSR then you got ripped off

it only has 1 head not multiple headS

and based on your screen name you have a 6th gen civic... not that that is ever a reliable way of knowing what the hell a person has... if thats not the car you are swapping then we have no way of knowing what gen it is because you never said what you plan to put the engine into

you will definitely need a big bag of zipties
and the search function will be helpful as this has been covered in detail multiple times
:search:

dont know about the Diet Coke... but my swap would not have been possible without Ranch Pringles

but without knowing what the hell you have or what you are trying to put it in to im not too sure there is any hope for you pulling this swap off at this point

:shrug2:

Just look up "EK B-series" swap. Simply put, you'd be using many 99-00 Si parts.

It's "drop in"; as long as you have all the right mounts, axles, etc.

Is it normally a pain in the ass for this swap does any1 know

The engine in your GSR is a B18C1. No they aren't a pain ...to me, but it might be a pain to you. If you are mechanically inclined, and are not afraid to learn it will be pretty straight forward. I would recommend trying to find someone local that has done a swap before.

Oh, and get the manuals for BOTH the cars, preferably the Helms manuals, but a Haynes or Chiltons can save your butt.

Ok so I double checked and it is a b18b1 ls with golden eagle vtec kit and gsr head is that still a pretty simple swap

Hey thanks for the help guys really appreciate it glad I found this site

One more question do I need mounts or anything special like that

Back