need some tranny advice for my swap...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shorelovr202

Integra Guy
I own a 94' Integra LS. If I were to buy a GSR motor and ecu, can my LS tranny handle it and what would be the drawbacks to it if I used that tranny with it. I know the gears are farther apart, but is the LS tranny shit? Its basically a temp set-up for me until I figure out which way I want to go with my car. Can it handle it? What ways will it kill my performance?

The transmission can handle almost any stock engine. its when you go for a butt load of power, and no modifications to the transmission. But yes, the LS in terms can handle that engine. now i dont know the drawbacks. What are your plans with this car? above average power daily driver? or the badest bitch out there? maybe a turbo daily driver?

Well, right now, I'm trying to figure that out. I was thinking for the time being, buy a gsr motor and use it in my daily driver, buying bolt-on parts as I need them for a little here and there power, while having my LS-Vtec built. Long term, which ever engine I choose, I am gonna boost it. All of this is pretty new to me, so I gotta spend some cash to see what I like... and I do love that blow-off sound and rediculois power. No matter what I do, it will be my daily driver.

Last edited:
The only tranny stuff I have so far is a stage 1 Exedy clutch and fidanza 7lb flywheel... not yet installed. I just the clutch brand new for $70... couldn't pass it up.

eh. let me guess ebay clutch? im going to tell you right now what has problem been told to you way before.

You get what you pay for. That clutch is going to be great just for driving only. but as soon as you go to race on it, its more than likely going to fail. I picked up a ACT clutch for my EG coupe, and I f'cking love that clutch. If I could I would bolt it into my CB7, but I cant. I also have the fidanza, light weight flywheel, and like many have said. its like driving a different car. Some say its harder to drive in traffic. Its not that hard really, you just have to adjust yourself to it. I cant give you much info on your transmission specs as for I've never looked into it. but I'm going to tell you one thing your going to have to do being no one has replied to your post except me.

Research. this topic had to of been discussed more than once.

LS tranny = long gears = slow acceleration.

:werd:

Although, off the line it probably won't be a whole lot slower. The GS-R and LS first and second are actually the same. The LS's third, fourth, and fifth are longer though...

You did read that right? A brand new in-the-box exedy stage 1 clutch? not that its the shit, but it is a good clutch. The guys car blew before he installed it, thats why it was $70. Don't you want the gears to be a little longer if you are boosting? Don't get me wrong, like I said... its a short term set-up. I'm trying to get some nuts in that car asap, the gsr or itr tranny will be a definite purchase. But for now, I'm going cheap... but not buying cheap parts... just piecing it together.

by the way, hows are those tokico shocks and springs with the strut and h brace? I was actually considering either those shocks and springs, ground control coils with yellow konis, or illuminas. I'm adding a weapon-r front strut tower brace and a weapon-r rear crossbar. Recommend anything?

Back