New car....help me decide

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the previous generation accord sport was so much nicer looking
Agreed. I didn't think about the accord. I really hate the radio set up in those accords but I think its something I can get over

And @get_nick is onto something if you're looking for serious mileage with a golf tdi. But they're slow. Or a mazda3 wagon with a manual.
I'm not looking for tdi mileage although it would be nice. I've never been a big vw fan though. The advertised 38 highway of the si is more than good enough for me. I think realistically it would probably be around 32-34 with my commute. The legacy does about 27 so anything over 30 I'll be happy

Well, seems like those with experience say that the Fords are less reliable than the Si, so I guess I'll change my vote to Si.

go drive one, i was very impressed with the TDi when i use to drive dealer swaps for VW
the GTI / GLI definitely has more top end power, but the TDi felt great in the RPM range you actually drive in
passing power for days, handling was quite good, interior finish is far ahead of the japanese imports
the jetta wagons felt better overall when compared to the jetta sedans, nicer interior materials, and seemed to ride and handle better
the Passat TDi is also an awesome car (if i wanted a more "grown up" vehicle i would seriously look at one of those)
never got to drive a Golf R, but i drove pretty much everything else they had, and the TDi were far and away my favorites

go drive one, i was very impressed with the TDi when i use to drive dealer swaps for VW
the GTI / GLI definitely has more top end power, but the TDi felt great in the RPM range you actually drive in
passing power for days, handling was quite good, interior finish is far ahead of the japanese imports
the jetta wagons felt better overall when compared to the jetta sedans, nicer interior materials, and seemed to ride and handle better
the Passat TDi is also an awesome car (if i wanted a more "grown up" vehicle i would seriously look at one of those)
never got to drive a Golf R, but i drove pretty much everything else they had, and the TDi were far and away my favorites

imho, the VW TDi line is a poor man's Audi. And that's a damn good compliment. The biggest complaint i've heard about the older VW is the interior quality, which has made great strides.

lol im just saying go test drive a new civic si, id rather have a 2016 K-Series Si than the 1.5 turbo car thats been riddled with issues, I test drove one when looking to get rid of the ST and was not impressed at all and the ST isnt impressive to begin with, The TDI/GTI/GLI is a good idea for nice and bang for buck, my buddys 17 Gti GAPPED TF out of my ST Stock vs Stock and im sure would be neck and neck when I was stage 3 bolt on car

the 1.5 turbo car thats been riddled with issues,
??? What issues??? I've been doing plenty of reading and YouTube watching and have not seen anything about issues.
Im not opposed to a 9th gen car at all but everything I've read said the 10th gen interior and chassis are better than the 9...

you havent looked far, at LEAST a civic EVERY SINGLE WEEK when im at Jim Ellis Honda every monday with clutch failure, im not just making shit up, stock form has clutch failure and bolt ons/tune is having ring land failure from low rpm/high boost pulls, again the interwebs will only tell you soo much , go drive some stuff and see what you like
https://www.10thcivicforum.com/foru...on-forum/20881-brand-new-clutch-problems.html
https://www.civicx.com/threads/clutch-issues.15146/

i haven't seen any turbo civics on the racing circuit. however lots of 9th gens out there doing b-spec. we also have a very special 9G in new england piloted by Greg Amy, a fantastic driver and TNIA coach.

you havent looked far, at LEAST a civic EVERY SINGLE WEEK when im at Jim Ellis Honda every monday with clutch failure,
Ive seen plenty of posts where people have problems with their car but if you go to any model specific forum its going to look like that. The majority of people post on a forum because something is wrong with their car. I'm not saying I don't believe you or appreciate your input, I just think "riddled with issues" is a bit strong lol

I never looked at the elantra sport. I honestly like the way it looks better than the Honda and I like that you can get it with leather. Right or wrong Ive always viewed Hyundai as a not as good as Honda so when I'm looking for cars I never think to look at them. I feel like the Honda will hold its value better than the elantra....

Reading and watching reviews people seem to be pretty 50/50.

the big difference for me is here

2018-elantra-gallery-1920x1200-47.jpg

Love my veloster turbo. Elantra sport has the same motor and trans. The tune is always improving. I’ve had a few ecu updates.

At just over 4 years old and 75000 miles it’s still worth about half what I paid lol

There's Hyundai and Honda dealers in the city I work in so I'm gonna try and do some lunch break test drives next week. I might have to weight longer than I want to make the switch though. The wife got a new job a few months ago and the owner is starting to fuck with her hours and pay....now shes on the search for a new job again, so I'll wait until all that get ironed out. Hopefully soon

Back