New Guy - Questions About My '02 EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got some pics of my car if it helps you guys recommend any specific rims that you know of I'm all ears.

Accord1.jpg

Accord2.jpg

And BTW what happened to the other posts??

right, guess i should've checked the news huh? thanks

yay I'm back to being a junior member!!!

Last edited:
I put top of the line, Bose sound system in my accord and it ran me right around 6500 I believe...

I'll dig out my receipts and give you and exact figure but it wasn't cheap. For you I'd look into pioneer/infinity

you have nice oem wheels.

get a decent suspension, tint the windows, and call it a day.

i'll send a hit squad if you get altezza tails.

I put top of the line, Bose sound system in my accord and it ran me right around 6500 I believe...

I'll dig out my receipts and give you and exact figure but it wasn't cheap. For you I'd look into pioneer/infinity

Ouch, yeah I definitely can't spend that much on sound. I paid like $7k for the car so paying $6k for sound is way too much.

I work at BestBuy so I was thinking I might get speakers/amp/radio from there being as I get employee discount. Would that be a bad idea?

you have nice oem wheels.

get a decent suspension, tint the windows, and call it a day.

i'll send a hit squad if you get altezza tails.

Yeah, that's why its hard for me to pick out new ones because I like the stocks. Problem is they're all scratched up and crap and I think the car would look much better with new ones. Plus my tires are really worn and I need to get new ones anyhow, so I might as well get the whole thing now rather than spend $$ on new tires and do it all over again if I decide to get 17s later.

About tinting the windows, since that's something I'd also like to do, how does that work? Sorry if its a really dumb question but I've heard the tints that you glue on get air-bubbles and start peeling of after a few years and I wouldn't want that.

And I'm not getting aftermarket tail lights lol.

Last edited:
I work at BestBuy so I was thinking I might get speakers/amp/radio from there being as I get employee discount. Would that be a bad idea?

About tinting the windows, since that's something I'd also like to do, how does that work? Sorry if its a really dumb question but I've heard the tints that you glue on get air-bubbles and start peeling of after a few years and I wouldn't want that.

And I'm not getting aftermarket tail lights lol.
yeah, you can get good stuff there. best buy is decent if you have a good discount.

just pay to get your windows tinted. 35% will look good. it will cost under $200. a reputable place will give you a warranty against turning purple and bubbling.

^^ Yeah that car is sexy as hell! In any case that's kind of what I'm looking for in rims, 6 double spokes but I want them in chrome since my car is all black I think putting black rims on it would be an overkill.

yeah, you can get good stuff there. best buy is decent if you have a good discount.

just pay to get your windows tinted. 35% will look good. it will cost under $200. a reputable place will give you a warranty against turning purple and bubbling.

Gotcha, thanks.

chrome is lame.. black on black is sexy

You know I thought the same thing, I was looking at black rims w/chrome accents but really I think it would be too much black. It would just look weird unless I got a bodykit or something to make the car look less stockish, which I really don't want to do.

ewww.. dont do a body kit.. black on black stock is perfect.. just need to lower it about 1.5 inches

My thoughts exactly, but I still don't know about the black on black. Anyhow I know I want 6 split spokes for sure, that's what its got on now from the stocks but aftermarket ones look much better. I'll just have to look into it and see what catches my eye, I've got some time to save up anyway.

only get larger wheels with a bigger lip. lowered a bit more. no body kit, get a lip kit at most. it's cheaper and looks better. just google images of your car. you'll find a lot of good stuff there.

HPIM0960.jpg

Back