New member, new ride

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I figure the radio's the least of my worries, since I'm not driving it yet, I can just use my camry for music when I'm working on it. :p

who cares about looking good if you can blow they're doors off?

i'd take an ugly as ass 13 second car over a good looking 15 second car.

YUP, FUNCTION BEFORE FASHION

HONDA'S SLOGAN "PERFORMANCE FIRST"

HONDA 4 LIFE:driver: "D"

Ok I managed to get half the day off, I'm gonna go ahead and pick up that gasket kit and see if I don't break something.

Got the kit, but then a storm hit. Tornado warnings abound, I don't think I'll be pulling off that valve cover tonight. Being garage-less sucks. On the other hand, I bought my muffler, and I think I'm gonna work on getting the car to the shop tomorrow to have the exhaust done. This is coming together quicker than I thought.

Heyyyy, any tips on getting a really loud unregistered car to a muffler shop 2 miles away? Is there any way I can make driving it legal? Think the cops would accept a bill of sale dated yesterday as an excuse to be driving it to the shop?

I guess we'll see. I'm hoping to do a whole bunch of things tomorrow before work, those gaskets included.

Didn't get to those gaskets, my friend never showed up to help me, but I was out with the car at first light, cleaning, knocking out dents, ripping out the old air box and replacing my headlight bulbs. Went to go pick up my cold air intake, and the Camry died. :confused: Jumped it with the Honda and I was off. The intake's on, and it's running so much more smoothly than before, I've got no idea when that filter was cleaned/replaced. I called the muffler shop, and he'll put on the muffler I bought, with the 2" pipe all for $50, so the Civic's going in tomorrow morning. I can't wait to get her driving properly.

I smell a sleeper. I've had this itch to get a beat up old civic & do something big underneath the hood but leave it stock on the outside. In fact, add a little more dings & dents if I can. :D

Do your research. There is a wealth of information on this site, you just have to look. You can do a lot with that car if you wanted. Good luck.

Yeah I'm trying my hand. She'll look like a sleeper for a bit, though I eventually would like to see her a darkish silver. The muffler I bought for it is admittedly pretty rice, but I didn't notice the extent until I took it out of the package. I'm still surprised at how quick the car is, even though I've been babying it. A (much more reliable friend) is coming over in a couple of hours to do the gaskets with me, and she's off to the shop tomorrow. Any idea how long it'll take to get the exhaust done from personal experience? I'm getting a little more excited than I think I should be.

Got 'er to the shop without a hitch. The guy said it'll be like $40-50, and I should have it back by the time I get back from work. Admittedly, the muffler's looking mighty ricey, but I was out of ideas and it was what I could find. Oh and here's an updated picture just for kicks.

Attachments

• 000_0110 (Large).jpg
    000_0110 (Large).jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 229
Came back from the shop, $40 total. She's LOUD, I'm really wishing I would've gone with a few hundred thousand resonators, or a different style muffler, but I ended up with what they had. Listening to it last night, I heard a rather scary tapping from the 3rd and 4th (I believe?) cylinders, but I got in there, turned out the spark plugs had rattled themselves sort of loose, and I tightened them right back up. I keep meaning to do the valve gasket kit, and clean the engine up at the same time, but it's gotten really cold the last few days. Hopefully this weekend.

Hellooooooooo Fart can.

Attachments

• 000_0114 (Medium).jpg
    000_0114 (Medium).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 191
  • 000_0115 (Medium).jpg
    000_0115 (Medium).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 227
theyt shouldn't hassle you too much if your polite and explain to them that your taking it to the shop to get a new exhaust so you can get it registered, and just let them know that you just got the car. cops don't normally care too much once they figure out your trying to do something right.

haha if they heard it now, they'd stop me I'll bet. she sounds like a beast. at an idle it's amazing, but those high revs sound like a weedwhacker. :-/ anything I can do about that?

Welcome to hondaswap, where real honda buckets go through complete transformation restoring process. For racing, appearence and upgrading.

you can always add a resonator to your exhaust most bolt on exhausts have resonators in them, i know my Greddy exhaust does, and it sounds oh so sweet.

I already mentioned multiple times looking for something that appeared a lot more stock, but I couldn't get any help. This is what I'm stuck with. I couldn't used the mocking before it was done, if you followed it up with model numbers and brands to look into. Meanwhile it's all welded now, so this is what I've got.

Back