New Tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
I need some economical all season tires soon. My Toyo Proxes suck in any type of snow, and the sidewall is too small for my liking.
I looked at the Yokohama Avid V4's on discounttiredirect.com They run under $80, are all season, are 205/50/16's.
Anything else recommended?

do you plan on spending money on like mounting and balancing and such? because I just recommend going to an old honda yard and going through the tires, I got 4 brand new snow tires on steelies for like 80 bucks total.

check out the Dunlop SP Sport 5000
ultra high performance all season

i have them on my car now and i love them... i can go through anything with them... and they still handle really well on dry or wet as well :)... ask brian how my car is in the snow :D

closest size they have is 205/55/16

bad ass.

his car is better than most trucks lol

Nice specs, but they cost $30 more a tire =(
I dunno, I think Toyo place will buy back my tires based on the tread left. It's some roadhazard deal I bought, so I'll see how it goes. Does Kumho make any good 205/55/16's? or 50 series that run good on snow?

i have the yokohama avs es 100's, i belive they're all season, ultra-high performance... i love them here in cali, no snow tho :p get them from www.tirerack.com they were $70Something last time i checked for a 205/45/16

Originally posted by B16@Feb 5 2003, 11:47 PM
i have the yokohama avs es 100's, i belive they're all season, ultra-high performance... i love them here in cali, no snow tho :p get them from www.tirerack.com they were $70Something last time i checked for a 205/45/16

i agree..i have these yokies wrapped on my rims and they own! they have awsome water handling, but the down side is you cannot use them in snow! not much snow down here in texas B)

Back