new VW in the family

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racintweek

Well i've had her for a few days but i just got the title today.
been looking for one for a while that had a mint shell but i couldnt pass this one up. I traded a VR6 longblock for her and i think it was well worth it.

1983 Rabbit GTi
230,xx on chassis, unknown mileage on engine

The good:
Audi 2.0 bottom end
288 cam
Audi T-body
Dual DP
some kind of 60mm exhaust
some kind of ~10mm plug wires
upper frt strut bar
big (~20-22mm ??) front sway bar
ghetto PVC intake arm
very clean and rust free upper body panels
interior needs very little work
window/door seals are in good shape
no tower rust

now for the bad:
she's gonna need some underbody work, the pass rocker seam is pretty much toast. the DS control arm mounting has been welded back on quite horribly. and there are a few other rust spots. the only spot that really concerns me is the rocker panel, its looks like a difficult fix.

there are a few wiring issues that need to be dealt with; headlights, cluster lights(its not the bulbs), and there is no stereo just a rats nest.

the susp is just plain shot; cut springs, blown shocks, lower spring seatsare about to fall off ,needs bushings and ball joints, and needs rear bearings......bad.

and it has a starting/idle issue that has got to be vacuum related. there are a lot od blocked off ports and hoses throughout the engine bay

on to the pics.... even though they are pretty pathetic

gallery_32920_207_25475.jpg

gallery_32920_207_97726.jpg

gallery_32920_207_69546.jpg

gallery_32920_207_96482.jpg

gallery_32920_207_88275.jpg

gallery_32920_207_11325.jpg

had to sneak a shot of the honduh in there :rolleyes:
gallery_32920_207_55342.jpg

and a random rice shot
gallery_32920_207_57911.jpg

no major plans right now except for body work, the rest will just be fixing things

have a good day and flame at will

F*ck yeah! I love it....Very nice...
I would love to find one around here...something different... :worthy:

Have fun with it...! ;)

I remember my rabbits.

I had a '79 and an '81. I wasn't into super fast cars then, I just wanted a car. Even though I think they're ugly now, it would make a nice race car.

it will end up being my daily driver after she is fixed up. its a pretty quick car as is, i'm geussing around a high 14sec 1/4. the torque is great, but then again im comparing it to my civic :p

the previous owner dynnoed it a few years ago with a smaller cam and he said it made ~115hp 130lb/ft

you fucking bastard :( i love the rabbit GTIs
hot little car right there

There is a 1983 Cab here for $200, running. Claims it needs a new radiator.

And your Civ is spooky - Are those like 16" steelies or something large like that ?

->Ste

my buddy has a rabbit for sale that has a 16 valve swap and is pretty peepy but i like my golf better

If you'r etalking about drivers, Supras are 10 to the 3rd power gayer than Cab drivers.

Besides, it's for my mom. I wouldn't get into any VW without a leather biker cap and chaps.

Back in elementary school, my neighbor used to take my sister, his son and I to school in his Rabbit. That thing was f'ing awesome.

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 26 2005, 12:28 AM
And your Civ is spooky - Are those like 16" steelies or something large like that ?

->Ste
[post=545468]Quoted post[/post]​

15x6 et35, just what i wanted

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 25 2005, 11:34 PM
If you'r etalking about drivers, Supras are 10 to the 3rd power gayer than Cab drivers.

Besides, it's for my mom. I wouldn't get into any VW without a leather biker cap and chaps.
[post=545473]Quoted post[/post]​

where is the :[i just about pissed my pants]: emoticon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
god i love this place! :happydance: :wub:

Back