New Xbox Announcement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Free Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2 this month for Live Gold members

Because console.

Well, right, but the PS4 is running it in native 1080p.

Most people (read: casual gamers who play nothing but CoD) won't care about this or even hear about it, but it's kind of blowing up on the Internet right now...

Well, right, but the PS4 is running it in native 1080p.

Most people (read: casual gamers who play nothing but CoD) won't care about this or even hear about it, but it's kind of blowing up on the Internet right now...

I was just kidding around :lol:

Interesting though, and actually really surprising

From what I've read.. X1 isn't as easy to work with like the PS4

i don't see that being the case, considering the two platforms are nearly identical hardware now.

Yeah, I was reading up a bit...I think this has to do with the XB1's ESRAM. The jury's out on whether it's a good thing or not...some developers say yes and others say that it will be a bottleneck for the system.

Sounds like it could lead to a PS3 type of situation for the XB1...first party developers taking their time learning the hardware will likely have good results, but in terms of the big third party titles that are ported to both systems, it sounds like the PS4 will be easier to port to and may end up with the slightly better versions...

I don't think it is a long term concern. Hell developers are still figuring out ways to squeeze more juice out of the current Gen consoles. And I would imagine developers of non-exclusive titles have to sacrifice things here and there to get it launched on five different platforms.

Back