New Xbox Announcement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's definitely PS4 for me:
-I don't buy games unless I know I'll like them; which means I usually borrow it from someone else first. Even if I do buy a game I do not like, it seems way easier to sell off a PS4 game.
-I use my console with my computer monitor: no analog out on the X1 is a bummer since I use my PC for sound/headphones, and I'm sure the Kinect is useless at that range so it's basically there just for "voice". Start/On button would be just as easy for me.
-Screw the cloud. Just downloading demos takes a while on the current system. Not sure if X1 does this but I can't do anything while it's downloading(without pausing the download). I'd imagine a full game is going to take much longer.
-PS4 is physically smaller than the X1 and 360; less clutter on my desk!
-PSN is a little cheaper than XBL. Though, I did manage to get one year of XBL for $12, it bumped up to $10/mo immediately afterwards.
-A lot of my friends and I use Kinect for parties. Something that makes me reconsider this :"It's also worth noting that late last year Microsoft filed for a patent that would use the Kinect camera to monitor the number of viewers in a room, checking to see if the number of people in a given room exceeded a particular threshold set by the content provider. Too many occupants, and the user would be prompted to purchase a license for more viewers."(Xbox One Features Create Privacy Concerns | Culture News | Rolling Stone)

Last edited:
As a die hard Xbox fan, this is weird to say, but I'm ditching the Xbox, and picking up the PS4. Too many good things about the PS that Microsoft just REALLY dropped the ball with. I can't even rent games anymore? Yeah, that killed it for me.

This may sound stupid, but PS4 fixed the one thing I've never been a huge fan of. The new controller has more defined triggers on the back than it used to. Little things, but things that matter to me nonetheless.

This may sound stupid, but PS4 fixed the one thing I've never been a huge fan of. The new controller has more defined triggers on the back than it used to. Little things, but things that matter to me nonetheless.

Exact same thing here. When PS2 had the "original" controller, it didn't really bother me much(even though I chose the Xbox over it, which IMO had a controller that was wwwaaayyyy more comfortable and ergonomic), but when PS3 had it too, I didn't even bother looking further into getting it.

Honestly the PS4's controllers shape(at least where your hands go), looks very similar to the Xbox's....definitely not a bad thing!

I like the idea of cloud computing, but I hate the idea of cloud storage. I still rather have the disc and be able to trade it vs. having to wait for a download.

As far as copying Steam, isn't XBL and PSN already like that? Also, if their intentions were to make games cheaper, wouldn't they have stated that? I mean, that would be a huge selling point. If anything, Steam has crazy ass sales and for the price, a lot of people do not mind. Also, from what I've heard(since I've never had this service), PSN has a lot of free/cheap games and such too, and is a better value than XBL, at least at the moment. I'm inclined to believe that the DRM/cloud setup would indeed make games cheaper, but I don't think they would sell it less than $60; it would be pure profit.

Last edited:
Rumor is Amazon had a poll on FB and PS4 was winning against XB1 with 95%...and then Microsoft got the poll time reduced, and then just deleted altogether. In addition to that, Amazon PS4 pre-orders are way higher than XB1s.

Yeah they could care less about our feedback if they were able to get away with it....it's all about the $. If anything, thank Sony.

Bullshit. Our feed back only matters because they beleave it's users really won't buy one without the changes.

Rumor is Amazon had a poll on FB and PS4 was winning against XB1 with 95%...and then Microsoft got the poll time reduced, and then just deleted altogether. In addition to that, Amazon PS4 pre-orders are way higher than XB1s.

Yeah they could care less about our feedback if they were able to get away with it....it's all about the $. If anything, thank Sony.

:werd:

I'm really glad that you Xbox guys won't have to put up with those restrictions anymore, but the 180 that MS is doing hasn't raised my opinion of them at all. If anything, it's made me respect them even less than before.

The statement they released, the "we listened to the concerns of our fans" crap sounds nice, but the fact is that people have been expressing those concerns for nearly a year now. However, it was only AFTER the less-than-warm reception at E3, and the polls showing Sony in the lead, and a weeks worth of under-performing pre-sales did MS decide to "care" about their customer's opinions.

Also, ever since they announced their policies and started getting a backlash they've been trying to spin it all in a positive light..."No, this isn't about DRM, this is about cloud computing enhancing your gaming experience, and this is about making your XB Live accounts more secure, and this is the future of gaming and it has so many benefits and we designed the Xbox One around those benefits and you're all going to love it once you see it in action!".

Except...that's NEVER what it was about. If the system was truly designed around all of that then they wouldn't be able to throw it all out the window so quickly. And if they truly believed that they were doing something revolutionary and that they were truly pursuing the future of gaming, then I think they would have waited it out and spent more time discussing and demoing the XB1's features in hopes that people would realize the benefits and come around to it. But no, it's rather obvious at this point that those policies were 99% about DRM (i.e. MS retaining as much control over our purchases as possible). They wanted to nickle and dime the shit out of us, and if there hadn't been such a big backlash, that's exactly what they'd still be doing.

So yeah, maybe I'll buy an Xbox One some day when it's cheaper, but for now...zero interest.

Last edited:
i wouldnt mind a game subscription service. paying $60 for a game is "the norm" now and with each game comes "limited editions" or whatever that increases the cost of the game.

if they offered games for digital download only at say... 20-30 bucks i'd be all over it and i would be happy to not buy disc-based software.

I still hope they go bankrupt.

That won't happen though. Their gaming division could completely fail and MS wouldn't go bankrupt. I'm sure they make more money on their PC stuff than they do on games and game consoles...

i wouldnt mind a game subscription service. paying $60 for a game is "the norm" now and with each game comes "limited editions" or whatever that increases the cost of the game.

if they offered games for digital download only at say... 20-30 bucks i'd be all over it and i would be happy to not buy disc-based software.

Yeah, that would be nice. I don't see it happening on consoles any time soon though. PC has gone mostly digital, but consoles still rely on GameStop/Best Buy/Walmart/Amazon to sell a large bulk of their products via physical media. I really don't think they'd undercut themselves by selling the same games via download for cheaper. And they're certainly not going to let some service like Steam come and set up shop to compete with the PSN Store and Xbox Live Market...

NEWSFLASH!

SONY doesnt give a shit about you either. they are in this for the exact same reason as MS. to make money. thats it. nothing more. they saw an opportunity to stick it to MS, and they took it. its called competition.

it was in MS's best interest financially to "listen to it's customers", because thats what capitalism is for. the consumers decide what they want and put their money into the product that fulfills their wants/needs. if a company isnt making a product that the consumers want, it fails.

Of course. You make money by selling people what they want or least what they think they want. MS tried to sell people something they didn't want and tried to convince them otherwise, which really did harm to their reputation. If what Sony said was true, they were well aware of the DRM concerns and had no plans on releasing the PS4 with it; it was pure luck that MS not only revealed early, but also stuck with DRM for as long as they did(Sony and a LOT of people thought they would try to make changes for E3). Ultimate goal would be selling a product the customer wants along with brand loyalty, which goes a pretty long way(as far as consoles go, this happened with some people with the Xbox 360 and PS3).

Last edited:
yeah, how will the Kinect know youre under 18? lol.

best guess is that it will learn your face, and the user will have to input the ages (or bday) for each person.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering too. I assume it will probably recognize user's faces...

Back