no power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

update: a third mechanic found source of problem. he disconnected the speed sensor and car doesn't hesitate at high rpm. so now have to figure out if problem is in the computer or the sensor. he believes that it's in the computer as no codes are thrown. we'll see (hopefully) tomorrow.
What speed sensor? Just curious. VSS or vehicle speed sensor in the tranny or something on the crank or cam?

i'm actually not sure. he reached down between the motor and the firewall on the passenger side. when disconnected, tach worked but speedo, no. car staled when coming to a stop, i supose because motor didn't know that car slowed down and did not regulate fuel to injectors well. car is a 2.2 with a 5 speed manual tranny. I was in a hurry to leave because I had to get back to work. I'll know more tomorrow when I visit him.

tried another speed sensor. no go. feels problem is in the computer. bought one online today, will get it next week.

Back