NO VTEC!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poisonjohnson

hi all
i have a eg8 civic with a d15b 3 stage vtec swap i'm running it with a s40 manual transmission however my vtec wont work soooooo no BWAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! and a Honda without the BWAAAAAAHHHH!!! makes no sense.......... i dont have a clue what to do anymore i'v gone through the pin out for the ecu like a million times which is btw a P2J-J63 i'v traced the wires from the two vtec solenoids back to the ecu and everything is there the only thing is theres a green jack next to the 3 jacks on the ecu thats connected to nothing .......... oh and my speedometer doesn't work either................. PLEASE HELP ME
I NEED VTEC
any assistance would be appreciated
thanks in advance
ps. im from trinidad and tobago so please no hondata or p28 talk............... honda stuff is VERRY EXPENSIVE DOWN HERE
here i'll give you a comparison
the cheapest H22 motor i found on ebay was $2,300
if i tried to buy one of those down here i'd be paying about 18,400
so please save the life of my pocket lol
thanks again guys

Last edited:
id start by checking the solenoid , and it works off oil pressure.. is it throwing any CEL Codes ? also we are adults here nobody cares about BWAAAA or talks about it like that lol .... the speedo is probably just unhooked or worn out cable and isnt related to the vtec not working, unbolt the solenoid and clean the screen if the check engine light isnt on and change the oil , if not let us know soo can dig deeper

id start by checking the solenoid , and it works off oil pressure.. is it throwing any CEL Codes ? also we are adults here nobody cares about BWAAAA or talks about it like that lol .... the speedo is probably just unhooked or worn out cable and isnt related to the vtec not working, unbolt the solenoid and clean the screen if the check engine light isnt on and change the oil , if not let us know soo can dig deeper
thanks bro....... no CEL ,i did a full tune up last two weeks, oil, filters, plugs full works....... i cleaned the screen on the vtec housing but still nothing....

How do you know the vtec is not working ?. the reason I ask I had a d15b vtec sometime back, and you could not here the change over at all, I thought the same thing that it must not be working, I even put it on a straight wire switch and still could not here the change over, but after hooking it up to a laptop it was working all along., it was just a smooth clean crossover, technically thats what you want.

Back