Noobie says Hi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

S2k Awe

Hi

Just recently found this forum. It looks like there is a lot of valuable information here.

My son and I will be swaping a B18C1 into his 97 EK.

Too bad for the DC :(

No pics of the EK yet. but this is a good pic of the S, LX & DC
Will be posting partout info soon.

too bad for the DC?

Sounds like a good time. You have nothing but nice shape cars. I take it the Civ is the wifes ?

The Civic is the driver education car :D that my middle son is now driving. The wife drives a G35:p

My oldest son totaled the teg in a single car accident that landed him stradling a small ditch which totally twisted the unibody, therefore now parting out, and supplying the engine, trans, and brakes for the EK.

I've had the S for 4 years now, and it's still awesome.

I'm also currently restoring my 65 Mustang for the second time. It was my first car that I purchased in 1980.

Nice.. Plans too boost the B18C?

Nice car collection! Sorry to hear about the DC... but I'm glad to welcome another S owner to HondaSwap!

Any plans to mod the S? I'm looking to turbo my 2003 with a LoveFab kit after I pay it off.

My oldest son totaled the teg in a single car accident that landed him stradling a small ditch which totally twisted the unibody, therefore now parting out, and supplying the engine, trans, and brakes for the EK.
so will the GSR motor being going into the oldest son's new car then?
single car accident due to speed? or something else?

Welcome some fine lookin cars you got there

reckedracing said:
so will the GSR motor being going into the oldest son's new car then?
single car accident due to speed? or something else?

Long story short, let's just say I may never learn of what really happend, just what I was told(heard a big bang and the back end just came around). That being said, the car was lowered so much that it impacted the handleing (bump steer), the left tie rod joint and CV axle joint were both bad when it happened (at least the inspection I performed after the fact) and he over corrected when the car went into the median. Better in the ditch on the right than into oncoming traffic. He was safe and not injured, and no airbags deployed, just a twisted unibody.

My son is an excellent driver (I even let him drive my S on the track), just doesn't always use the best judgement. Hopefully he has learned something from his experience.

welcome.. sux to hear about the DC.. the EK will be even sexier though :thumbsup: post results for the swap

Calesta said:
Nice car collection! Sorry to hear about the DC... but I'm glad to welcome another S owner to HondaSwap!

Any plans to mod the S? I'm looking to turbo my 2003 with a LoveFab kit after I pay it off.
I've given thought to supercharging, but I'm dumping money into my Mustang right now, so no mods planned for the S at this time.
Current Mods:
Rick's Badges
Smoked difusers
Clear side markers
Grill & Gills
Rick's X-Brace
Comptech Strut Brace
Vodoo shift knob
MUZ full length floor mats
Convex left hand mirror
Auto Dimming mirror with compas & temp
Alpine 9815
Sirius receiver
Modifry's dash control with auto speed volume adjust
BA Pro Components
JL 300/2
JL 250/1
8" Elemental Designs Sub in custom corner box
Extra set of stock wheels with Victoracers for the TRACK:D
63,000 miles in 4 years.

Oh yeah, new front bumper from putting it into the tire wall at Carolina Motorsport Park.

Last edited:
S2k Awe said:
I've given thought to supercharging, but I'm dumping money into my Mustang right now, so no mods planned for the S at this time.

Cool. That's about how mine looks right now- just stereo stuff until the car is paid off. You have a nice list of mods so far though!

Vosty said:
Do u auto x the s2k?

No, I observed an autocross once, and although they are cheap enough, to spend the entire day to get in less than 5 minutes driving time did not apeal to me. I go to HPDE track events where I get 4 to 5 20 minute sessions on the track.

I may start autocrossing the S though, as I'm going to try to get my son interested since it is cheap and frequent. Then maybe he can keep it safe on the streets.

eg6sir said:
welcome.. sux to hear about the DC.. the EK will be even sexier though :thumbsup: post results for the swap

I'm bid on planning & budgeting, so the swap won't acutally occur until next summer at the earliest. First things first, like selling all the parts off the teg, learning as much about the swap as possible, including engine building, paying me off for the loan on the EK, then having the money to rebuild the engine & tranny.

We will be swaping the 4 wheel discs soon, and I see a coilover system going in before the engine as well. We might put the GSR axles in while doing the brakes.

S2k Awe said:
No, I observed an autocross once, and although they are cheap enough, to spend the entire day to get in less than 5 minutes driving time did not apeal to me. I go to HPDE track events where I get 4 to 5 20 minute sessions on the track.

That is EXACTLY how I think about autocrossing... too much time invested for WAY too little seat time.

Back