Not getting power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Guy

So oddly enough, after getting my car towed home as a result of my axle imploding, i start the car to find it running very rough and a CEL. Code 16, fuel injector problem. I take it to the local honda shop to have the axle replaced and the injector checked. Replaces the axle (fucker charged me 60 bucks) and then tells me that the injector is not getting power to it. oh, then me mentions that hes not gonna work on it for me. he said he is "getting out of the fast and furious stuff" and basically tells me that even though he can fix it, im outa luck. So that leaves me to drive home on a car with only three cylinders that work.
So that puts me in a hard place, Classes begin next week. I have a 90 mile round trip commute and a crx with 3 cylinders isnt going to cut it. I may drive the miata a few times but the 6psi of oil pressure it shows while idling (after warming up) bothers me. So how do i go about fixing this problem? Where does the power that makes the injector work come from? any help is really appreciated.

its the 1990 crx?

i assume obd0 with peak and hold injectors?

do you have a swap?
i would check your wiring first off, and call that dick head and ask him what he thought the problem was, at least he could tell you since he wouldn;t fix it...

yeah, sorry i forgot.

1990 crx obdo b16

What do you mean by check the wiring? The injectors look plugged in.

My single cam had an injector that needed to be hit in the winter time for it to work. It would stay 'broken' until i got out and tapped it.
I used a wrench and tapped on it a few times.
once i even had to turn the injector a lil bit.
Try looking for a cut wire first though.

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Aug 26 2005, 03:44 AM
My single cam had an injector that needed to be hit in the winter time for it to work. It would stay 'broken' until i got out and tapped it.
I used a wrench and tapped on it a few times.
once i even had to turn the injector a lil bit.
Try looking for a cut wire first though.
[post=545532]Quoted post[/post]​

hahaha, concussion maintenance, it works the best imo.

Get a circuit tester and figure out where the power is stopping. It might be a broke wire like was mentioned earlier or could be a problem elsewhere.

Talked to the guy (for those in the area its carlos from yci) and he tells me that its the number one injector (closest to the cam gears). He also asks if im running a stock ecu, i and i reply in the negative. He then tells me that he thinks its probably a bad ecu, as chipped ecus go bad for some reason. I try to explain that a zdyne is not a chipped ecu, but one that has been totally reworked. but i didnt want to argue about it, so i just thanked him for the last bit of info and left.

I've checked wires for anything disconnected or frayed, and havent found anything up til where the wires join together in the plastic tube thing, ill see if i can get ahold of a circuit tester soon to use that. Fortunately, the NX should be getting finished with its smog by monday so ill have transportation to school.
thanks for the replies, any more ideas are appreciated.

Update:
After giving the in-engine-compartment wiring a good once over, I was stumped. I resolved to take my car up to a shop in Sacramento (about 45 miles from where I live). I called a number of times, but neither an answering machine nor the counter girl picked up. So on my way back from school I stopped by his shop to find a note taped onto the enterance to the shop. Basically the note said that he would no longer be doing business, at least in that location. No other shop as of yet either.
Called a few shops in the area, but they didnt want to work on a modified car (lazy).
Today I had a bit of free time between my reading assignments so i figured I would try and get serious about the problem one final time. Came to the site and found the pin outs. Traced the wires for the injectors from the Ecu, out of the firewall, and to the injectors themselves. Nothing.
So i decided to go ahead and start removing electrical tape. Pulling the wires out of the firewall (for slack) I noticed something i hadnt before, a spot of tape and exposed wiring, with the wire for injector #1 broken apart. Whipped out the soldering iron and electrical tape and got the wires connected.
Much to my elation, problem solved. I am guessing that vibration had caused the hole firewall to wear away at both the tape and wire, and perhaps my car getting towed (after the axle blew) stretched it in someway which finally broke the wire. So thanks hondaswap, for the helpful wiring diagram.

:::::cliff notes:::::::
Using the wiring diagram provided by this website i was able to figure out why my injector was not working, the wire had gotten broken. Soldered it back together and everything works.

Back