obd1 error codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gatto-is-alive

i cannot read the codes of my ecu
i just cant get no lights from a13 although i grounded d4
any ideas?

what the hell are you trying to do? to get codes on obd1/2 there should be a loose 2pin connector hanging near the ecu... short the two terminals and start counting the cel (with ignition on)

haha yea actually i do. any obd 1/2 *equipped* honda I have seen (to rephrase, EG, EK) does in fact have this connector I just spoke of. Maybe more specifically rephrase what is going on and what the hell it is your are doing... vehicle and your procedure would help. Just specifying the ecu # and that you cant get it to throw codes doesnt say much about your intent or what it is you have already done to achieve it such that nobody will be able to help you. I can assure you my experience with electrical technology on these cars can be usueful as long as you are clear as to what kind of information you are seeking.

i dont have that connector or it is somewere but i cant find it because i have an entire DA9 jdm harnes in my ef so i have everything messed up thats my problem

i have no current to the vtec solenoid, wierd idling and i just chipped the ecu and now cant rev pass 4k i had to remove the j1 jumper so i can drive the car

is it possible that my b16 can go as fast as an ITR with no vtec and revving 9500 as stock ecu?
my pr3 OBD1 ecu is from the DA9 too it was a 93' XSi jdm model i had a halfcut to do the swap

now all i need to know is how i can connect a check engine light from the ecu so i can know what the hell is happening in my car 10x

Hmm... I can honestly say I don't know if your going to be able to achieve that given the setup. I would have just opted for a conversion harness to a P30 or P28 which can be easily chipped with any b-series map for your setup. I still don't think you can chip that ecu... correctly anyway. Which would explain why it only works on the factory map. You need to trace each wire with a continuity tester, i don't know what else to say, it sounds like it could be pretty messed up.

Back