obd2 b16 swap using d16y7 harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dx-r

hey im about to do a b16 swap on my 1996 ek hatch and plan on using my d16y7 harness with an obd 1 conversion and run an obd1 ecu, cuz i dont feel like spending money on an ex one. just wanted to know if it would throw a check engine light. The guy doing my wiring has done many swaps and said it would be easy, im just worried about getting a check engine light. Let me know if its possible without throwing a CEL thanks

i am doing the exact same swap wit my car. i have a 98 hatch and doing a b16 swap using my stock d16y7 harness. i also did the OBD2 to OBD1 jumper harness to the ecu and using a p28...For me im pretty sure i will thro a code because i am running a AUTo p28..i just got done wit my swap a few days ago but didnt start it up yet because i dont have the right Alternator for my car. i had a OBD0 alternator and tried to convert it using a OBD0 plug but everyone says i CANT. so i ordered a OBD2 alternator and its not here yet tho.. goodluck on ur swap and post some pic.

i did the same thing in my 97 i also used a obd convertion just do yourself a favor by reading and doing reseach. you are going to need to use your injectors that are on your d16. you are going to need an obd2 dizzy and the alt should fit right in if it is an obd1, sorry to tell you this but you are going to get a cel it happens i don't think i have ever seen someone put in a swap and get it perfect the very first time, unless you are like a super pro and you have done over 100 swaps there is always something. also you are going to need the right mounts for your set up if you need them let me know i have them the oem ones but they are fill with urethane if you need them ok man have a good one let me know if you need help

my friend used to work for a shop, and has done lots of swaps, he is a genius with wiring and said he can do the wiring easily, the motor i have is a jdm obd2 b16, im using a obd1 conversion harness, to a manual skunk 2 p28 ecu. I just wanted to know if i should pay the 150 bucks for an ex harness, or have my friend modify my dx harness. but i just dont want to have a CEL

lol you are really on that cel! listen don't waste your money buying a ex harness it is more work then it is fun. just use the stock harness and just add the two vtec wires it is all you need to do if you are using a p28 because you don't need to wire a knock sensor

:D arite, thanks for all your help, im swapping it in next weekend, waiting for my mounts

Back