Obd2 into Obd1 car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lohe

Long story short I have a 97 Hx with frame damage and a salvage title but about 160k miles.
I also have a 93 Lx 4 door with no frame damage and a normal title but almost 300k.
So I want to swap the Hx into the Lx.
Both are MT.
What, if any, major differences are there going to be, in terms of frame mounted (not engine mounted) components? Everything looks fairly similar.
Any advice? I've done a b18a swap into a 92 hatch and have worked on Hondas for a while.

I would use the entire intake manifold and throttle body off the OBD1 motor (if it matches the head). Also the distributor and alternator. That way it's just the block and head are changed and ECU should work by keeping everything OBD1

Sorry I should have been more specific. I intend on making the 93 into an obd 2 Hx. I'm shooting for mileage over hp. Not sure exactly how much of the Hx wiring I'm going to have to swap out (rear harness and cabin harnesses etc.). The hx body was an automatic but the Lx body was mt from the factory so at least that will be less of a mess!

Bad idea (in general). It's illegal to drop an older motor into a newer car. You can get a decent low mileage block for $250-400.

Or....if you meant put the OBD2 motor into the OBD1 car....I'm pretty sure my way is the the least path of resistance.

Hah yes, the obd2 engine into the obd1 body. Newer engine into an older car, better emission standards, totally legal.

Back