Obd2 To Obd1 Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

I need to convert my OBD2 to OBD1, For two reasons. One is I recently installed a High-flow Cat, and I need to bypass the O2 sensor so my check engine light is disengaged. Second reason is because instead of buying a simulator to emulate this effect, OBD1 will not check this, and then conversion can offer a horsepower advantage because OBD1 is better and because I am getting a Skunk2 / Or Mugen Chipped ECU combined with the OBD1 conversion ( The chip converts and acts as an ECU, and is a P28 chip ).

Another question...

Mugen or Skunk2 ECU program? which is better? .... my engine has stock internals ... THANKS.

Pewble Posted on Mar 29 2003, 06:34 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need to convert my OBD2 to OBD1, For two reasons. One is I recently installed a High-flow Cat, and I need to bypass the O2 sensor so my check engine light is disengaged. Second reason is because instead of buying a simulator to emulate this effect, OBD1 will not check this, and then conversion can offer a horsepower advantage because OBD1 is better and because I am getting a Skunk2 / Or Mugen Chipped ECU combined with the OBD1 conversion ( The chip converts and acts as an ECU, and is a P28 chip ).

Another question...

Mugen or Skunk2 ECU program? which is better? .... my engine has stock internals ... THANKS.

first i think you should change your name to "newble" and then repost your question in english. thanks

ok, firstly, highflow cat wouldn't cause O2 sensor codes, the o2 sensor lies before the cat anyway(I ran with a straight header after my swap with no codes...)

Secondly, to convert to OBI, you're going to need a conversion harness, an OBDI ECU, an OBDI distributor(because of the differences in the Hall Effect sensors located in the block and distributor housing).

I think you need to do some more reading before you spend money.

If you've got stock internals, then don't waste you're money on a JUN or Mugen chip. If you wanna spend money on a tunable ecu, buy a stock P30 and drop a Hondata in it. You'll be much happier with it in the long run.

JUN and Mugen chips are designed for highly modified Type-R engines, that's a B18C5 with internals and a valve job.

first off, forget the mugen and jun and skunk2 chips...

you'll run soooo rich it's ridiculous.. .want proof??
click here for a skunk2/p30/p61 comparison

you;'l run like 11:1 a/f which = slow ass shit yO.

i agree with the obd2 --> obd1 conversion, but i suggest a hondata chipped p28.
i can write you the chip if you need it and probably get you pretty close, as i've spent time and money on a dyno tuning my b16 with hondata.

I can tell you exactly how to build an 02 sensor simulator if you want. It'll cost about 10 bucks in parts, or I can make one for you.

Back