Octane??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

schintz04

Just curious about something, and some advice would be sick. My civic with a b18c1, I have to run a MINIMUM octane of 91, but it was regularly ran on Ultra- 94 octane. And where I'm living now, our premium is 91 at best. If I used bottles of Octane Booster, would that be a smart idea??

Thanks&Cheers,

Just use the 91. Those 3 points are gunna make difference. Unless, its built, and pushin the limits of pump gas.

if its stock your fine.......... if its not maybe you should go with the octane booster and mix it correctly

whats done to it will make a diffrence if is just basics like intake header and other boltons you are fine on 91 if it has high compression pistons and cams and things you might want to retune it for 91

Back when my car was running an n/a b18c my brother put a full tank of 87 in it. I swear I could not tell a difference from the 91 I always had run. You're fine.

Back when my car was running an n/a b18c my brother put a full tank of 87 in it. I swear I could not tell a difference from the 91 I always had run. You're fine.

yup!
I cant tell the difference either power wise..
but for some reason I think the 91 last longer, but then again thats just me..:D

dont use octane boost...that stuff is a joke.. it was in a recent months edition of i think it was import tuner but it might have been super street (i read both so i cant remember) but they tested the STP octane boost and it raised the octane rating by one point...the bottle claims ten but their rating system goes by tenths of a point which would make 91 octane a whopping 92 for like 6 bucks

dont use octane boost...that stuff is a joke.. it was in a recent months edition of i think it was import tuner but it might have been super street (i read both so i cant remember) but they tested the STP octane boost and it raised the octane rating by one point...the bottle claims ten but their rating system goes by tenths of a point which would make 91 octane a whopping 92 for like 6 bucks

wow that would give it about 200 extra hp huh?

well I deffinatly cant say 87 octane and it will do the same. cause I was at a full serve once, and asked him to fill it with premium, and he filled it with regular instead. And the car bogs out terribly.

thanks for the info though guys

In higher compression engines such as the DOHC VTEC B's, usually need to run the higher octane for general performance. Smoother running and a little better power, nothing crazy but if i ran 87 for a while i get a little bit of knock.

you will b fine if you want you can run the booster its nothin speical. i put some in are go kart before and the was pretty cool

yea, thanks everyone.. I have a bunch of bottles from the last job I worked.. got alot for free, soo I just considered using them.

Back