ok this is crazy, a rwd del sol?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probally just about every rwd car that has a collumn shifter (auto or not).......and maybe every mid engine/RWD (ex; MR2). We may know this, he obviously doesn't know that.

Last edited:
I say do it.
People will laugh & shake their heads, but there's no accounting for taste. Wierd engine swaps is what I live for, so I'd love to see your build thread even though I think delSol's are ugly.

Of course you'll need a wheelbarrow full of cash &/or some mad fabrication skills...

13s2a0_e2010.gif
VS.
13sr20_a08.gif

Where to route the exhaust? Side pipes FTW!:eek:

Last edited:
Its a cool concept but damn you and the rest of your family will be broke doing it. Do it man and post some pics.

if i do ill most likely start around late november or december. Anyone know where i can order a motor and tranny from? i checked a few of the online places and couldnt find any

a drift car with no rear subframe = failure.

Yea, thats what me and my buddy was talking about today....yes its a cool idea and would be nice to have, but the drivablity and drifting. that car wasnt supported for that type of driving, so sorry guys, this may be a no go. the more i think up of it the more serious issues that surface....

So im thinking i should just build the D up and boost it, buy a 2nd gen R or 240 and call it a day lol

So im thinking i should just build the D up and boost it, buy a 2nd gen R or 240 and call it a day lol

Thats alot to do in one day !!!
No one flame on him for wanting to build the D.

Calesta; All I could find in VA was silverstone, and ONE red one after I allready bought mine

ok if i could put a 4.6L in my ford focus and convert that, and put a lightning motor in my buddy's crown vic i thing that this is possible...just pick up a torch and start making shit thats what i did.....(focus ran a 12.1 in the quarter spinning thru the 1-60) GO FOR IT, THAT WOULD BE BADASS

not clownin' on you brett; but those swaps are a little different then this one. I'm pretty sure you used a swap kit on the Focus and swapping a V8 in place of a V8 is no way as difficult to accomplish as converting the 92-00 del sol/civic platform to rear wheel drive with an F20. Were talking EXTENSIVE mods here. The Focus had an all-wheel drive counter part over seas ( RS is a bad motha ) that left the focus with alot of room in the under carriage. The delsol's and civics closest counter parts with 4wd were the ol' wago-vans from the '80's. Props on the V8 focus swap though. I want to do the swap myself. A couple of the guys on here have been throwing hints at BODYDROPPEDBYNIKES to convert his Focus but its his DD.

all im saying is that it is possible, i think im going to try this on my 95 hatch, ill do it this weekend, and let you know if it worked, then i will sell it.....ill post some pics of the install.

no one said it was impossible...just impractical. You know the old saying..."You can put an SBC into anything".

BRETT; Oh......your gonna do it this weekend huh????? So your gonna purchase over $6,000 worth of shit, and fabricate everything this weekend. I think the only thing going to be "fabricated" is your next post......

well considering that i have a crashed s2k from my uncle... i dont think it will cost me anything and i work in a custom fabrication shop i dont think i will spend anything

OKIE DOKIE......... Still won't do it in one weekend.

Im not tryin' to be a dick.... but thats bull shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back