overheating?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 95turbcivic@Aug 20 2005, 09:25 AM
I have a question on something too. I have a GSR (in 95 civic) and its turbo. i am having the same problem with the overheating. I have been driving with no bumper and no hood (for this reason) and its still getting hot. My fan is kicking on, I just dont know if its staying on long enough. I am going to try hardwiring it and see what that does but does anyone els have any ideas?
[post=542771]Quoted post[/post]​
Don't thread jack, create your own thread and you will get more replies.
Do you have a leak? How's the level of your coolant?

Originally posted by ericL@Aug 9 2005, 10:00 PM
EG with B16A SiR2 swap, the radiator/fan are from the stock motor (d16..)

I was driving on the highway today for about an hour (at about 70-75 mpg, 4K rpm) and the temp gauge went up from the normal 'honda' position (about 1/3 up) to around 2/3 or 3/4, not into red tho. Is this okay and would getting a better radiator/fan fix this? If not what else could could it be, i really don't want to blow a head gasket or warp the head. Thanks
[post=538110]Quoted post[/post]​

could be a nuber of things, some where writen below, but id also change the Thermostat, and id run the Fan direct so as soon as u turn the key the fans on, very good for the summer. what you do is clip your old AC fan clip off and add 2 wires ones gunna go to the - on the batt and ones gunna go to your Dizzy, ill find out what wire tomorrow cant remember off the top of my head.. but im pretty sure its the Black and yellow on the smaller 2 wire clip. BTW i said clip off the AC clip this way when winter comes you can connect the stock connection just so your car dont stay to cool,

^^ Reading does tons of good, he already replaced everything.

Originally posted by EricL
I let it run and warm up with the cap off to bubble out the air pockets then turned it off, refilled and closed the cap and re-warmed up the car.

You need to crack the bled valve when you are refilling it to get the air out.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 24 2005, 06:44 AM-->
^^ Reading does tons of good, he already replaced everything.

EricL
I let it run and warm up with the cap off to bubble out the air pockets then turned it off, refilled and closed the cap and re-warmed up the car.

You need to crack the bled valve when you are refilling it to get the air out.
[post=544424]Quoted post[/post]​

yea it would but last night i didnt get any sleep, i almost fell asleep driving and that was about 3-4 hours be4 i posted

my Honda is having the same problem read somewhere it could be a hose to the heater core. So did you ever find the leak?

not sure if this is relevant but on my b18 i found a leak under the intake at the pipe that runs from water pump to thermo housing... just smthn to check on bro ..

Check to see if you have any longer then needed hoses. I had a hose on my Integra that was longer then need be so it was crimped like when you hold a water hose to slow the flow down. My car did the same thing your saying yours is. After I shortened the hose I have not had the problem since. It was the hose that comes off the intake manifold and does a horse shoe turn right under itself.

if you've replaced all that shit and bled your system you either have a hose problem or internal problems

could be a nuber of things, some where writen below, but id also change the Thermostat, and id run the Fan direct so as soon as u turn the key the fans on, very good for the summer. what you do is clip your old AC fan clip off and add 2 wires ones gunna go to the - on the batt and ones gunna go to your Dizzy, ill find out what wire tomorrow cant remember off the top of my head.. but im pretty sure its the Black and yellow on the smaller 2 wire clip. BTW i said clip off the AC clip this way when winter comes you can connect the stock connection just so your car dont stay to cool,

better than clipping off the stock plug, look under your hood where your fuse box is by the battery, there is a fan relay in there. its a $5 part at autozone and it will make sure your fan kicks on, regardless of your ECT or your fuse is good. you can take a small piece of wire and slip into that spot and your fan will come on when your car turns on. better than running it to the battery and when you get your new fan relay in there, you can take the wire back out. :)

Back