Physical altercations debate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Been in enough fights. Not worth it.

Just report his truck number to FedEx.

Been in enough fights. Not worth it.

Just report his truck number to FedEx.

I think part of the thread was missed. I'm not exactly waiting for hondaswap approval to run out and lay a beating. I don't want to do that. That's why I posted the 3 questions. It's just interesting to hear what people have to say about it.

Don't get into a fight. It seems fun at first, then when you realize that you could be charged with a felony, or wind up looking over your shoulder the rest of your life because you fucked with some dude whose brother is dirty cop, or gang banger...

Just think to yourself "I'm sure glad he didn't hit me, or look like he was going to hit me, because I would have shot him" and leave it alone. If he does it again where you feel like your life is in danger, call the cops. I'm sure there's some kind of "vehicular assault" law on the books somewhere. Hell, maybe even Assault with a deadly weapon applies in Washington.

I get that it's supposed to be a debate, but as everyone else has said it's not worth it to get into a fight.

Scream and holler all you want but don't throw a punch unless it's in defense.

1) Have you ever been in a fight
2) When is it ok to fight? (or is it never ok)
3) If this guy repeatedly puts me and my coworker's safety in danger, would you be on board with smacking him around?
1. No, too expensive. 2. It's ok when you are in a ring, or cage, and are both willing participants and it's not personal. 3. No. Call the cops. the problem is that this isn't much of a debate. It's mainly common sense. There's nothing to argue.

I'd crack him in the face.

Okay, I'm lying. I like my life too much to piss it away on some assault charge but in my head, I would totally beat the piss out of him.

I never would act first. I would say something like you did, if he fired something back, I'd continue and try to instigate, and I would be dying for the chance for him to swing once so I could respond but it never happens and its likely for the better.

I never would act first. I would say something like you did, if he fired something back, I'd continue and try to instigate, and I would be dying for the chance for him to swing once so I could respond but it never happens and its likely for the better.
Him hitting you once doesn't make it OK to kick his ass. Legally, you can go punch for punch.

post-9102-0-65214900-1382970987.jpg

Him hitting you once doesn't make it OK to kick his ass. Legally, you can go punch for punch.

Actually in most states you cab respond with like force. That doesn't mean he gets one punch, you get one punch. So you can actualy dish a beat down, youre just supposed to stop when they are no deemed a threat. At that point, it can be viewed as a continued assault by you. It means if you get hit, you can't escalate it by say pulling a knife. You actually would be able to pull a gun or knife if there was deemed an imminent threat.

Different state by state and its all a sticky situation.

Actually in most states you cab respond with like force. That doesn't mean he gets one punch, you get one punch. So you can actualy dish a beat down, youre just supposed to stop when they are no deemed a threat. At that point, it can be viewed as a continued assault by you. It means if you get hit, you can't escalate it by say pulling a knife. You actually would be able to pull a gun or knife if there was deemed an imminent threat.

Different state by state and its all a sticky situation.
We're both correct. NJ is how I described it though. IIRC you live here too. You can barely do anything.

We can respond with similar force until the theat is neutralized. So yeah, its still gray area.

If you let on that you just allowed someone to hit you once, so you could completely smash them, you would get eaten up. But who's going to admit that?

When in doubt, "i felt like my life was in immediate and unavoidable danger officer. "

And then shut your mouth and lawyer up.

1) Ive been in more fights than I can honestly count. In the process had guns pulled on me, and was stabbed 3 times (all at once not separate)
2) Looking back on it the only time I feel like it was truly justified was when I stepped in on a guy beating on his ex (my wife) and got stabbed on the process. Unless its in self defense or the defense of another person I dont think so
3) I would probably end up getting hot with the guy but refrain from physical contact

Yea, Chad is a big dude. Don't fuck with him lol

Back