Pills' Twin

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hate to break it to you, but people do argue on here, IMO the wing just looks like crap.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Feb 20 2003, 12:14 AM
Hate to break it to you, but people do argue on here, IMO the wing just looks like crap.

You should try to qualify your position. (Why does it look bad? lol)

I think a car should look nice, and sometimes a spoiler will do that. In fact, I'd venture so far as to say, sometimes a sticker might not look so bad if used correctly. (i.e. a small light gray vtec sticker towards the bottom of the car. That looks nice.)

Frankily, things in excess look bad. Things used .. stylishly in moderation .. look very nice. Spoilers, body kits, stickers (and I say that reluctantly), paint jobs.

That delsol is a prime example of how a spoiler used in moderation can look nice. (the backend of a delsol is depressingly flat, it's nice to see it different)

95% of the ppl here automatically hate spoilers and wings. So you are telling me the Type R is ugly b/c of its wing? Oh wait, its a type R, ppl make exceptions for it. Same way with the CTR duckbill. Its a spoiler, but it guess its okay b/c it is on a CTR. I wish ppl would get the fuck out of this everything is ugly and a p.o.s. unless its from Japan. (with the exception of everyone hating on Ryan's kick ass s2k b/c of the mugen wing)

Originally posted by gupta_p+Feb 20 2003, 12:24 AM-->
Afipunk21
@Feb 20 2003, 12:14 AM

You should try to qualify your position. (Why does it look bad? lol)

I think a car should look nice, and sometimes a spoiler will do that. In fact, I'd venture so far as to say, sometimes a sticker might not look so bad if used correctly. (i.e. a small light gray vtec sticker towards the bottom of the car. That looks nice.)

Frankily, things in excess look bad. Things used .. stylishly in moderation .. look very nice. Spoilers, body kits, stickers (and I say that reluctantly), paint jobs.

That delsol is a prime example of how a spoiler used in moderation can look nice. (the backend of a delsol is depressingly flat, it's nice to see it different)

I think the oem spolier looks good on like 2 Honda cars : 99-00 Civic Si, and 88-91 CRX. I don't even like the ITR coz it's too fuggin tall. Like chet said, you don't need a spoiler on a car for FWD, it's on there strictly to make it look "sporty"--Hello? A 2 seater convertable isn't sporty enough?

s3db64d2b05184.jpg

The sol does have a spoiler on it :ph34r:
:owned:

LMAO

damn nick what is it with you and purple

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Feb 20 2003, 07:36 AM
:werd: 2ft Aluminum wing

no, 2 ft Al wing just makes a car look horrible and probally will ware down your tires more. OEM style or go naked, it is the only way.

Afipunk, spoilers have their place... they make the delsol look more pelasing to the eye than it makes the delsol "sporty."

Purple DelSol with a 3' WING is not appropriate. That's taking things out of even the remotest definitive reason. That retard who attached that wing on that purple delsol, should also attach another wing to the top of the wing he already has, then I'd say it was cool.

(Yes, when you cross into the barrier of stupid crap .. you cna go the extreme, and just be funny)

Anyways back on topic--that's not the actual pic, I will take some tomorrow or monday, whenever it gets out of the shop, it needed CV axles, tie rod assembly, and rear brake calipers--all of which the dealer paid for. When I sell my slush-box, I will probably get some Teins, or Ground Control/Koni's--suspension of some sort.

Originally posted by gupta_p@Feb 20 2003, 10:22 PM

Purple DelSol with a 3' WING is not appropriate. That's taking things out of even the remotest definitive reason. That retard who attached that wing on that purple delsol, should also attach another wing to the top of the wing he already has, then I'd say it was cool.

:bash:

Originally posted by gupta_p@Feb 20 2003, 10:22 PM

hello and welcome to PhotoShop

Word. Damn Adobe and their stupid PhotoShop.

lol. Still, extreme = funny. Middle ground = gay/cool. stock = neat.

Back