Pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
So, he just burned me a new chip, thanks again.
Now that i got rid of that super leet ebay Spoon chip [came with the ecu] my car doesn't sit at rich on my super leet AF gauge, and doesn't smell like gas is wasting out anymore. = Saves me $
:worthy: for his shipping, he wrapped it like 20 times.
Anyways, i'm rambling, but he is a good seller.

Dude...it took me 10 minutes with a sharp knife to tear apart the packing job he did with my tie bar. :lol:

ya...really good packing jobs, B!

it runs smooth as hell man, i guess my tach is off, my VTAK is turning on at 61xx
I didnt find redline yet, if my tach is off by 300rpm, redline on my tach would be around 8700, and i just don't like my needle going that far :(
but yea, i was happy it was safely packaged... i know where to send people now.
Even my mom noticed it runs better, she took it to the doctor today and said "what did you do to your car?!" i was like " :huh: "
she said "it runs better everytime i drive it"
:D
Hopefully i don't work satuday so i can go to the track again, and compare this chip to the ebay specialty.
The chip i had in there has a lil windows looking thing on it, does that mean it's UV erasable?

yeah, if it has a window on it, you can uv flash it... but those are a pain in the ass...

get the number off the chip and the brand..

vtec is 5800, redline is 8400....

is your tach aftermarket, or is it a non-stock dash?

frankly, i'd trust the chip more than a cluster.....

let it rip.

one pull to 8400 (or even if it is 8700) probably won't hurt

the power should start to die off up there anyway... you'r past peak horse power and torque is falling liek woah

My tach is stockly Ex style, which i prefer.
but when installing my indiglos (gimme a break it was 2.3 years ago :p , i guess the needle might moved 300rpms.)
at the track, i was worried to take it above 8k on my tach highest pull was to 8400 on my tach, which would be ~8100.
Where is the optimal shift point before losing power?
I thought it was 3-400 rpms before redline?
if i was shifting at 8100 on my tach, that means ~7800.
8400-7800 = 600.... :blink:

hey brian, man i didnt know you tuned.. dude im hitting you up when i finish my homemade turbo set up. ill take a number (future customer hehe)

Originally posted by VTECin5th+Aug 28 2005, 08:14 AM-->
My tach is stockly Ex style, which i prefer.
but when installing my indiglos (gimme a break it was 2.3 years ago :p , i guess the needle might moved 300rpms.)
at the track, i was worried to take it above 8k on my tach highest pull was to 8400 on my tach, which would be ~8100.
Where is the optimal shift point before losing power?
I thought it was 3-400 rpms before redline?
if i was shifting at 8100 on my tach, that means ~7800.
8400-7800 = 600.... :blink:
[post=546275]Quoted post[/post]​

optimal shift point depends a lot on the gears box/tire size etc... but in theory, your acceleration will be the quickest when you shift at HP peak, and fall directly on the torque peak of the next gear.

where your hp peak is, i don't know... only a pull on a dyno can tell you that. somewhere between 7500 and 8500...

thetruth
@Aug 28 2005, 09:04 AM
hey brian, man i didnt know you tuned.. dude im hitting you up when i finish my homemade turbo set up. ill take a number (future customer hehe)
[post=546276]Quoted post[/post]​

i'm getting there. i've got about 3 cars i've tuned in person now, and a couple member on the baord here that i've mailed basemaps out to based on their set up. its basically a shot in the dark, but i think i've done pretty damn good so far, as you can tell from the threads.

let me know when you wanna tune :)

i was expecting to hear that Pissedoffsol helped you to save money by switching to Geico....LOL.

Back