Pissing me off? Do I have bent valves if???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you gonna comment please read the previous posts. I Believe I already stated the adjusting valves part was done, I believe I also stated I was tight on cash so I am going to be doing the fixing myself if possible, if not then Im going to have to live with a messed up engine till I can afford a B18 Swap. Alot of the mechanics is a little over my head but im not affraid to get dirty if told how to do it my self. And what makes the place where you live so special? I'm Sorry to every one who is just trying to help but im just tired of dealing with the car and just want to fix it ASAP.

I read your posts, basically you opened your engine up and blindly just started messing with it...I wouldn't say tightening down your rockers until they cause severe wear as adjusting.

Sorry Rio Grande Valley is pretty terrible, I traveled through there and Edinburgh when I was in the Texas league.....worst place I have ever been.

What makes Orlando so special? I dunno but we sure get a lot of tourist for some reason :shrug2:.

Did you go buy a Haynes manual and feeler gauges? Watch some youtube videos on how to adjust valves properly? Looked on this website for people adjusting valves?

I can take jokes, just dont include him in them. and can i find those manuals at the local auto parts store?

^ this guy adjusting his valves
watch

I read your posts, basically you opened your engine up and blindly just started messing with it...I wouldn't say tightening down your rockers until they cause severe wear as adjusting.

Sorry Rio Grande Valley is pretty terrible, I traveled through there and Edinburgh when I was in the Texas league.....worst place I have ever been.

What makes Orlando so special? I dunno but we sure get a lot of tourist for some reason :shrug2:.

Did you go buy a Haynes manual and feeler gauges? Watch some youtube videos on how to adjust valves properly? Looked on this website for people adjusting valves?
Well i think i lucked out on not messing it up completely cuz its still running, and it doesnt turn off any more i tightened the accelerator cable thinger maginger a bit and it stopped doing it. guess it was just loose. The valley is pretty bad when you compare it to where you live but i wouldnt call it the shit of the earth, maybe the US :) but not earth. No i havent bought the manual just yet much less the gauges, but i still have the car taking to and from work whcih is 60 miles round trip. so im not going to mess with it any more till i know alot more about the engine and mechanics for that matter. And youtube is what got me in trouble in the first place.on one of the vids a guy even manages to do it with the car on. So im going to be reading and viewing alot more before i seriously do something real bad to the car. Thanks

Back