Please read, swap troubles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Since no one on honda-tech, nor honda-acura will ever answer any of my questions im really hoping someone here can. :dry: :worthy:
PLEASE!!!

Ok, 97 JDM b18b into a 97 cx hatch.

Got it running the other day, runs like shit. It starts up perfect, and will idle fine, but at 1500-2000rmp. Once you hit the gas it boggs like mad. New plugs as well.

I was throwing 3 codes. I checked using the paperclip method since my scanner didnt come in and got codes for secondary o2 sensor (no cat as of now), CKF sensor, and TPS sensor. My TPS on the integra was broken so I slapped one off of a d15 motor that I had lying around. They looked the same.

Now I got the scanner today and the 3 codes im throwing are still the 02 sensor, manufacturer controlled ignition/misfire, and TPS sensor/pedal position sensor low voltage.

I know how to fix my o2 sensor code, and im going to either try adjusting the TPS, or end up replacing that all together. But what about the ckf code, or the misfire code now? Are they the same apparently?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
if im not mistaken, all jdm b18b's are auto's. therein could be your problem.
no, mine came with a clutch attached and my JDM gsr manual trans bolted right up

anyone could have bolted a clutch up to that motor and u could also bolt ur starndard trans up as well...this has nothing to do with thos emotors be auto...(all of that stuff will bolt up to the motor auto or manual

Replace your o2 sensor, adjust your TPS to the correct voltage, and the CKF sensor on obd-2 motors are actually near the crank pulley. Check it out, make sure it's plugged in or that the wires aren't cut or broken.

Someone has a link in their sig on how to adjust your TPS correctly I just can't remember who. Try searching for it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
if im not mistaken, all jdm b18b's are auto's. therein could be your problem.
no, mine came with a clutch attached and my JDM gsr manual trans bolted right up

anyone could have bolted a clutch up to that motor and u could also bolt ur starndard trans up as well...this has nothing to do with thos emotors be auto...(all of that stuff will bolt up to the motor auto or manual

What would it matter if the motor was auto or manual?

Also that plug is not there for the CKF, i have been searching for hours upon hours and have had a few buddies come look to make sure im not a retard and missed it. I also pulled the entire t-belt cover off and its not there. :dry:

lastly, I keep throwing a code for manufacturer controlled ignition or misfire and cyl 2 is not getting spark even after i went out this morning and replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Is that becasue the the ckf sensor?

replace your cap and rotor if that doesnt clear it up it may be deeper in the dizzy or could jsut be a odd wiring thing. on PMGFI.org there is a article where this guy makes his own ITB and he has a write up in the article of how to calibrate your tps.

Back