police taser vid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lets say someone were to get all uppity with me in a bar. Lets say they took a swing at me. And lets say, I took out a TASER and hammered them around like a fish on a hook.

I'll have lots of time to think about my taser use while sitting in a holding cell for 14 days awaiting arraignment and ultimately - Jail time.

The double standards are running rampant here.

-> Steve

cops also speed everywhere and carry a gun with them everywhere...

do that and see where it gets you :p

Originally posted by micah+Jun 4 2005, 06:25 AM-->
cops also speed everywhere and carry a gun with them everywhere...

do that and see where it gets you :p
[post=507650]Quoted post[/post]​
I carried a gun all the time, no big deal.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene Posted Today@ 04:53 AM
On the streets, the police officers determine these laws,

No, they don't. An officers job is not to determine laws, it to enforce them.

micah Posted Today
@ 04:05 AM
excactly how long should she be able to do whatever the fuck she wants before she is arrested?

As long as it took within reason to arrest her without the unnescessary use of force.

Not only that, but at no time did he tell her "I am placing you under arrest" or "you're under arrest" or "you're under arrest, your rights are..." Last time I check stepping out of a car is not the same thing as being under arrest.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+-->
92b16vx) said:
No, they don't. An officers job is not to determine laws, it to enforce them.

My point is that a police officer out on the street is the representative of the government; he works for a government agency. Therefore he was put in place to uphold the laws set forth by the government. You are to do as you're told by a police officer when he's enforcing the laws. Thats his job.

micah

excactly how long should she be able to do whatever the fuck she wants before she is arrested?

As long as it took within reason to arrest her without the unnescessary use of force.

Not only that, but at no time did he tell her "I am placing you under arrest" or "you're under arrest" or "you're under arrest, your rights are..." Last time I check stepping out of a car is not the same thing as being under arrest.

Was I only one at the end of the video that heard she took a swing at his partner? Obviously she knew she was going to be detained, but normally after the party is in handcuffs is when they explain that they are under arrest for XXX and then read their miranda rights. Until this point, they normally just cuff the person and figure things out before deciding whether or not they're going to arrest them.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 4 2005, 03:36 PM
Was I only one at the end of the video that heard she took a swing at his partner? Obviously she knew she was going to be detained, but normally after the party is in handcuffs is when they explain that they are under arrest for XXX and then read their miranda rights. Until this point, they normally just cuff the person and figure things out before deciding whether or not they're going to arrest them.
[post=507753]Quoted post[/post]​

"Normally"? How many times have you been arrested? I have been a few times and every single one of them they told me I was under arrest, or that they had to arrest me before they cuffed me.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 2 2005, 02:59 PM-->
Originally posted by SiLude@Jun 2 2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 2 2005, 02:15 PM
PhyRe
@Jun 2 2005, 08:12 PM
how are you gonna tell the cops that your making a phone call??  and then expect nothing to happen??  all i can say is she deserved it.
[post=506836]Quoted post[/post]​

How are you going to threaten to taze someone when you don't know the situation?
[post=506841]Quoted post[/post]​

first off, that was me, not Phyre.

[post=506871]Quoted post[/post]​

And what's with the "first off" shit, did I quote you? No, I know who I quoted. If you posted under someone elses name, without noting such, than duh.
[post=506877]Quoted post[/post]​

i meant no disrespect, but you dont have to jump down my throat about it, damn. :fuckyou3: I work with Phyre at the battery store, there are two computers here, one is signed on as him, the other as me, i didnt realize it was under his name, hence me saying it was me not him.

So, your saying if you were the cop, you would have just stood there, maybe even went to get a coffee, and wait for her to finish her call? she didnt respect their authority. When you dont respect a cops authority, you have to suffer the consequences. And telling the cop to hold on was not really the smartest thing to do. she got what she deserved. If she would have gotten out of the car the first time she was asked, she would not have been tazed. plain and simple

Originally posted by SiLude@Jun 4 2005, 04:53 PM
i meant no disrespect, but you dont have to jump down my throat about it, damn. :fuckyou3: I work with Phyre at the battery store, there are two computers here, one is signed on as him, the other as me, i didnt realize it was under his name, hence me saying it was me not him.

So, your saying if you were the cop, you would have just stood there, maybe even went to get a coffee, and wait for her to finish her call? she didnt respect their authority. When you dont respect a cops authority, you have to suffer the consequences. And telling the cop to hold on was not really the smartest thing to do. she got what she deserved. If she would have gotten out of the car the first time she was asked, she would not have been tazed. plain and simple
[post=507775]Quoted post[/post]​

I am saying that if I was the cop, I would have done my best and not let the megalomaniac inside me turn what was a routine traffic stop, into a traumatic experiance for a civilian just to satisfy my desire to be above oither humans because I am an authority figure.

but she was cleary no obeying what he was saying, she stayed on the phone. Now, i don't remember, but I think she said i'm calling someone because i don't trust you or something like that. So that pissed the cop off, but she still didnt get out of the car, and he was trying to be professional. What should the cop have done then, just keep asking her? Clearly she was not getting out, and had no plans on getting out. The cop obviously knew where everything was heading, so he warned her. And that was a pretty fair warning too.

It's 15 seconds from the time he initiates the dialogue to get out of the car, and the time he has the taser pointed at her...15 seconds. Maybe I am crazy, but I think even one minute would have been sufficient to get her to understand the gravity of the situation before pulling a weapon on her.

i do agree that it was a little quick, but still, he got done what needed to be done, just faster and without the bs

Wow, I guess your right, thirty seconds to explain what was happening would have possibly caused this guys life irrepairable harm, unlike the civilian he tasered.

Originally posted by micah@Jun 5 2005, 01:03 AM
i smell an awful lot of estrogen coming off this topic :wall:
[post=507899]Quoted post[/post]​

I smell an aweful lot of going to cry like a bitch when this happens to them in this thread.

This thread is fucking stupid. What happened happened, can't change that, and I'm pretty sure that the members of Hondaswap.com aren't going to get new legislature passed regarding police rules of engagement. :locked:

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 4 2005, 07:43 PM-->
@Jun 5 2005, 01:03 AM
i smell an awful lot of estrogen coming off this topic :wall:
[post=507899]Quoted post[/post]​

I smell an aweful lot of going to cry like a bitch when this happens to them in this thread.
[post=507922]Quoted post[/post]​

will never happen to me because im not a fuckhead and will get out of my car after im asked the first time, before the taser is ever pulled.

Well, you think this is an appropiate standard operating procedure than so be it, and hope you never have to find out.

I think that use of force was just fine and dandy. Ive been hit with one of those things before and all that cryin was not neccisary for 2 tazes. Hell she was driving with a SUSPENDED DRIVERS LICENSE thats why he told her to get out of the car.

If he was telling her to get out of the car for the speeding i would totally agree that it was excessive use of force. Giving the woman a ticket, taking her ass to court, suspending her drivers license, none of that seems to work. She was being rude and completely unresponsive to the officer's request. So guess what "Im gonna taze you if you dont get outa the car" seems like a good idea. Id do that before i take the chance of being dragged down the street by a running vehicle.

I know i wouldnt want that shit to happen to me, thats why i dont fuck with the police. Usually a good attitude will get you pretty far. I know that mine got me a ticket for 78 in a 60 when i should have gotten 110 in a 60.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 5 2005, 08:42 AM
I think that use of force was just fine and dandy. Ive been hit with one of those things before and all that cryin was not neccisary for 2 tazes. Hell she was driving with a SUSPENDED DRIVERS LICENSE thats why he told her to get out of the car.

If he was telling her to get out of the car for the speeding i would totally agree that it was excessive use of force. Giving the woman a ticket, taking her ass to court, suspending her drivers license, none of that seems to work. She was being rude and completely unresponsive to the officer's request. So guess what "Im gonna taze you if you dont get outa the car" seems like a good idea. Id do that before i take the chance of being dragged down the street by a running vehicle.

I know i wouldnt want that shit to happen to me, thats why i dont fuck with the police. Usually a good attitude will get you pretty far. I know that mine got me a ticket for 78 in a 60 when i should have gotten 110 in a 60.
[post=508041]Quoted post[/post]​

So your going almost double the speed limit doesn't deserve a tase, but her driving with a suspended liscense does? wow. Oh wait, I forgot about the good attitude, shit what was I thinking, those damn bad attitude laws...oh what, it's not against the law to have a bad attitude, or negative opinion.

Well if it was against the law to have a negative opinion, you wouldnt be voicing yours right now. I know i diserved to go to jail, and if it woulda come to that, i woulda gone, cause i was being a dumbass. I saw the doorhandle (chrome reflected my headlights back) before he ever turned on his lights and i was pulled over before he even moved 5 ft.

Im just saying that she was going to be arrested for driving with a suspended driver's license. She has already had her warning for driving recklessly (id assume), and it is not intelligent to disregard what a police officer has told you.

excessive force is excessive force regardless of whether her crime was speeding five over or molesting a cat with a shoe. The entire point of this has nothing to do with whether or not she was being pulled over for a suspended lisence and a broken tail light or for simply speeding, the point here is that the cop taking practically no time and tazing somebody (twice) who posessed no threat to the himself or anybody else is simply wrong. Further, even if you can twist logic and procedure enough to justify the first taze, there is no way the second one was warrented.

Back