police taser vid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

read like half of it and it and not going to read more

what i think on the issue is that it was excessive force but theres a fine line

if officers do not use this force as much as they do they would put their lives in danger

my dad for instance today got handcuffed and then released because he was in an area where a stolen car was dumped

shit like this happens and although he did not feel too good about being wrongfully picked out and let go without so much as an apology the cops were trying to catch the car theif

its is criminals that warrent the use of force

sometimes this force is wrongfully used on inoccents

if there is anyone to blame for this it is those criminals

Police exist to PROTECT the innocent, not beat them into submission.

The simple fact is, not a lot of police exercise very good judgment anymore. Most of them don't care if they're wrong because the higher-ups and judges will let them off with no penalty or the equivalent of a slap on the hand.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 5 2005, 03:50 AM
Well if it was against the law to have a negative opinion, you wouldnt be voicing yours right now. I know i diserved to go to jail, and if it woulda come to that, i woulda gone, cause i was being a dumbass. I saw the doorhandle (chrome reflected my headlights back) before he ever turned on his lights and i was pulled over before he even moved 5 ft.
[post=508055]Quoted post[/post]​

What kinda brakes do you have?? 110-0 within ~5ft. Thats impressive. (Just giving ya shit man)

Seriously though, I agree with some of the statements here on both sides. Yes the use of force is necessary in some instances. However this woman was no threat at the time and the officer did not inform her she was under arrest for a suspended license or anything like that. So..... of course she didn't step out of the vehicle. For all we know she didn't know she was suspended. If I am in a routing traffic stop and an officer asks me to step out of the vehicle for no reason, I'm not getting out of the car. However, I would ask why they want me out of the vehicle. In my experience driving w/o a license is a minor offense. They don't even hold you in jail. It's called a roc and doc right?? Thats all they ever do to me anyway. Fingerprint ya... Hell they even let someone come pick my car up so I don't have to pay impound fees. Granted, I don't act like this woman did but that still doesn't justify fucking tasing someone.

This leads me to my next point. Natural reactions to things. If you are running from the cops and you get tackled you know better than to try and hit them, or you should. However, if you are running and they let a dog grab you, what kind of shit is that?? I think your natural reaction would be terror and you would try to get the dog off of you as fast as possible by whatever means necessary. If you do this though you are charged with assaulting a police officer. Thats fucking prison time there. For hitting a fucking dog. Thats gay. My gf and I have discussed this many times and we think it is completely out of line. I was arrested for trespassing in Denver, Co. I was like 12 and I hopped a fence into this company lot and I was just hanging out I guess and someone called the cops because of "Shady looking people" lurking about. Guess that was me. Next thing I know this cop shows up but there is a fence between us. I end up trying to run and he lets the fucking dog loose. Luckily I jumped another fence and was apprehended by another officer. My point though is what kind of shit is that?? Letting a dog loose on a 12yr old kid for trespassing? Imagine what the dog would have done to me if it would have caught me. Bit the shit out of me at the least. I just feel this is an example of excessive force. Shit needs to get reigned in, our country is, imo, getting a bit to big brotherish.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Jul 16 2005, 05:02 PM
Shit needs to get reigned in, our country is, imo, getting a bit to big brotherish.
[post=527202]Quoted post[/post]​

Especially with all the "Just do what a cop tells you whether it's right or wrong, you can complain later" crap. I wonder how many would sucking his dick if told to, and then "complaining about it being wrong later.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Jul 16 2005, 12:02 PM
what kind of shit is that?? Letting a dog loose on a 12yr old kid for trespassing?
[post=527202]Quoted post[/post]​

thats fucked up.

i ended up seeing the video in its entirity. it starts with the cops still in the car just pulling over the other car. he says before he gets out that she has a suspended license. i dont really know where i was going with this, but it did explain a lot of the things i was thinking about when i first saw the clip.

Back