Post your audio sytems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wouldnt do it just for them. I would go ahead and do all 4. Its gonna sound weird. It would be different if you wanted to amp the front ones....

i wouldnt do it just for them. I would go ahead and do all 4. Its gonna sound weird. It would be different if you wanted to amp the front ones....
I think it would sound alright, the rear speakers point right to you but it would over power the fronts.

I think it would sound alright, the rear speakers point right to you but it would over power the fronts.

yeah but you would hear louder in the back :D Your sound will be totally unbalanced. you can amp the rears but at least set the fader to where they sound even.

why not just amp all 4 on the same amp? :eek:

yeah but you would hear louder in the back :D Your sound will be totally unbalanced. you can amp the rears but at least set the fader to where they sound even.

why not just amp all 4 on the same amp? :eek:
I tried it...both sets of speakers I have didn't like it too much. I just put it back to running off the deck with a HPF on 50hz, the min.

I tried it...both sets of speakers I have didn't like it too much. I just put it back to running off the deck with a HPF on 50hz, the min.

thats weird. i've never heard of the radio sounding better than a factory amp..:confused:

maybe the ohm load was funky? maybe they were wired to where they were seeing too much power.

well since i gots no money i figured i would keep everything simple, so here it is. the sub slams so much harder and lower than my s-10. the sub no has around 4.06 cu.ft. or vented space. :)
IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

i was tinkering with some ideas and this was the most obvious and simple way. Previous owner already had some sort of switches wires to the pocket so i just cut a slot out to slide the epicenter in and hook it up!
IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

cant wait to hook it up tomorrow and see what it sounds like with the Epic on. :)

i know the hot glue looks alittle nasty but at least it will hold.

once i get back on my feet financially i want to make a fiberglass 'case' for it so it will look more factory.

we'll see how this Epic does on this new setup. The box is tuned to about 22hz. with this epic i should be able to pull off some low notes....

best i did in the s-10 was 145db's on normal songs.

yup. 15 x 15 x 40wide

still have to cleanup the wiring behind the seats and run new 1/0 awg from the front to the back.

also need to add a nother battery and finish dynamating the trunk and possibly doors.

nahh. just for fun.

i wanted to do something nice to showoff but monney is tight. i think its till clean enough. it definitly loud. OMFG.

goodnight folks

we'll see how this Epic does on this new setup. The box is tuned to about 22hz. with this epic i should be able to pull off some low notes....

best i did in the s-10 was 145db's on normal songs.

Epic is awesome. No one even knows who he is down here in socal... Its sad I even have to import my music...

looks like it, have you seen how i did mine in my hatch yet?

no but i'll check it out. :)

Epic is awesome. It makes michael jackson songs sound so much more different with the bass enhanced. :D

I just put it in. I'll snap some pics later

heres the pics of my 12's in my hatch and my amp mounted down in the spare tire well

Attachments

• 1129090106.jpg
    1129090106.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 265
  • 1128092342.jpg
    1128092342.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Advice:

get bigger power wire and port the box. should slam even louder. It looks pretty sleek though, especially with the hatch cover over it. I wish my rsx still had it. someone broke it before i got it. :(

i wanna get 0 gauge power wire for it and to port it just cut a couple big holes in the side or top or what? and with the cargo cover you cant see it at all so if i just shut it off before i pull in somewhere nobeoy will ever know they're there :ph34r:

Back