pr3 pistons in a ls block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2 Door Ek Nasty

Im about to start building my Ls vtec and i was wondering if i can have my pr3 pistons pressed onto my ls rods. Im gonna be using a b16 head, i wasnt sure if the compression is gonna be crazy high and if there be any kind of clearance issues ? this is my first Ls V build so im trying to get as much input as i can along with all of the research i have been doing.. thanks :D

what head bolts should i use ? my buddy has built many ls V and B20 V and he said he doesnt use arp head bolts he said the torque spes on the arp headbolts are so high that it will squeeze the head gasket and make oil leaks..he said that alot of people that build ls v or b20 v use the arp head bolts and thats why they run into oil leaks ?

I've got arp head bolts in my b18b1, only put a thousand miles on it before i blew a valve seal but the headgasket never gave me any issues. If i had to guess I'd say the guys complaining about that might be using lower grade headgaskets.

im just gonna go ahead and order arp head bolts and rod bolts,, what head bolts do i get ? ls head bolts or b16 head bolts ? im also debating on running ACL main and rod bearings or KINGS main and rod bearings.. i dunno which bearings are better because i know i have to run some good bearings because a b18b1 bottom end redline is 7200 and im gonna be spinning that easy

Back