Problem with a prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaman74

Honda Power
Ok here is my problem the car died once on the road then it wouldnt start back I waited about 5 mins and it cranked back up. I figured a loose battery I tightend up the ground then was fine for 3 days well my sweety drive the car to work one day it dies.It doesnt start back well i went over everything that I could think of it would replaced the ground wire no fix replaced the ignition coil no go heck I dont even get spark from the plug wires when the motor is being cranked getting gas so fuel pump works fine even check to see if timing belt was broke nope that fine as well I tryed jumping it off it ran turn it off cranked it back up will it was being jumped it ran joy right wrong thinking it was a dead in battery well I replaced battery it cranked up right after I hooked up battery pk a few hours went by thinking it was fixed when out to drive it bam nothing motor turns over but no go can anyone help me in this matter please

Dude, its a simple problem. I was in your situation about 2 years ago when I first got my prelude.

its in your distributor, thats where the ign. module is located. Without that, your car will crank forever and not start. You got the coil, but you need the ign. module as well to get the engine to turnover.

What year prelude? If you have 92-96, its definitely the distributor/ign module.

Back