project 4DR sleepa!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
ok so here's the deal. my wife has a 95 4dr EX civic auto. the engine has 240k on it. i gonna do a swap, but she wants to keep it auto. now when i do the swap i have no plans on boosting it or anything like that, she just wants more power and still have it automatic. the z6 that's in there now doesn't leak a drop of oil and still gets good mpg, i'm going to take it out and use it for my vitara/fj rod build for my car.

now my question is on Torontojdm.com, which is a sponsor for hondaswap, they have b16's with auto trannies and also gsr's with auto trannys. i'm going to do one of those swaps into it. Do i need a integra rear T bracket and use the Tranny mount off the new auto tranny and i have also read on hondatech and club civic that the jdm auto trannies have some type of controller on them, that it would be harder to put a jdm auto tranny in. how would i get the ecu chipped for the new swap? i'd like to get Hasport mounts and do a whale penis intake and hyatech replica headers. i've done all work to my civic myself and done a swap in my brothers EG hatch so i feel pretty confident on doing this.

lastly, the swap has to retain power steering and a/c. would i need anything besides what comes with the B series swap to make all that work? i want to not have to drain the freon out of the system if i don't have to and i'd like to re-use the compressor that's off the z6 unless i can't. thanks everybody and any helpful info is appreciated.

Last edited:
nobody? the main thing im wondering is if the cable coming from the underside of the shifter will fit on the b series automatic and also if the tranny has a cable that determines the downshift and upshift like on the d16z6 auto tranny. thanks

so no one has done a swap and left there car auto? i've searched good and the only one i found was done with a usdm ls swap and had a special ecu they had to use bc the usdm LS tranny used a TCM to control the shifting instead of being cable actuaed like the d series and the jdm b series auto. the only post i found on here was for a guy who had a herniated disk in his back which caused numbness in his left leg and he did a gsr swap with a jdm auto tranny but he hasn't been on the site in almost 4 yrs, so i cant ask him how he got it all setup.

wow 104 views at the time of this post and no one can even say anything about this??? c'mon B or Calesta or someone chime in!!

Um hi. I don't get on every day. It's been a LONG day too- why don't you break your first post up with some punctuation and line breaks? That might make it a little easier to read. Not trying to be an ass here- I really can't read your post right now.

Um hi. I don't get on every day. It's been a LONG day too- why don't you break your first post up with some punctuation and line breaks? That might make it a little easier to read. Not trying to be an ass here- I really can't read your post right now.

ok man, i fixed it. hopefully someone can give me a little insight on this swap.

Last edited:
fuck the swap, slap on a turbo kit and call it a day. If its too much power, send your tranny to a tranny shop and have them beef up the torque converter. This way you get more power and still retain ur ac/ps.

Bummp cause I wanna swap my girls auto ek coupe with a bseries vtec swap I already did my research on it its kind of a bitch u have to get bseries automatic mounts,a auto vtec harness and the rest is the same as stick swaps

He's at 240k... I would rebuild the engine before turbocharging, and a swap would cost about the amount of cash.

There are brackets to reuse the power steering pump and AC compressor from the D engine on a B- that part is pretty easy. I'm not sure about the transmission side engine mounts- the bracket on the chassis is different between the auto and manual cars, so the auto transmission mount on the B engine just might fit into the bracket on the auto chassis. Not sure, sorry man.

fuck the swap, slap on a turbo kit and call it a day. If its too much power, send your tranny to a tranny shop and have them beef up the torque converter. This way you get more power and still retain ur ac/ps.

turbo isn't a option and if i blow the z6 that's in there then i can kiss my vitara build for my car goodbye bc im using the block for it. and my wife wants more power than a bolt on auto z6 would have but not as much as boost would give her. i've stated this in the beginning.

He's at 240k... I would rebuild the engine before turbocharging, and a swap would cost about the amount of cash.

There are brackets to reuse the power steering pump and AC compressor from the D engine on a B- that part is pretty easy. I'm not sure about the transmission side engine mounts- the bracket on the chassis is different between the auto and manual cars, so the auto transmission mount on the B engine just might fit into the bracket on the auto chassis. Not sure, sorry man.

yeah i'm hoping i can try the oem mount off the auto B to work. and is there a aftermarket bracket to retain the ps and a/c? or is there a oem bracket? and i wonder if the tranny mount be able to be used but just drill holes in it to get it to line up properly if i could do that and just bolt it on or would i have to use a hasport mount? i wonder if they make one for a autoD ->autoB....

Last edited:
She wants all motor and automatic, no boost. and a ls swap is only going to be 15hp over the stock engine. i have a d15b7 full engine i was going to do a mini me on but all the work to do that isn't gonna get shit on a D series without spending a ton of money and this is just a small bump in power for the gsr.. all motor B18 is where its at lol. i would do boost but for the price of boost i can get the gsr swap and be enough with a few boltons. if i get a turbo for it i'd only be pushing 4-5psi at the most which really is a waste for a $2,000 turbo kit. i'd rather do the gsr swap. but for some reason if i did decide to boost, how would the auto D16z6 hold up to 4-5psi?

The only thing i'm really concerned with this swap is does it use a cable to make it downshift and what bracket do i need to make the ps and /ac still work and what tranny mount would work. the rest i can handle.

Back