Project del Sol - Part 2!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

how much of a drop does your sol have and how bad does it scrub on speed bumps. im looking into dropping mine a little more.

Im not sure how many inches it is from stock height, but it's pretty damn low. While going over speed bumps the exhaust scrapes mainly around the resonator area. But I think that's only because my exhaust is a bolted up weird. I'm going to the exhaust shop soon to fix some piping and a leak so hopefully I'll get that sorted out.

Im not sure how many inches it is from stock height, but it's pretty damn low. While going over speed bumps the exhaust scrapes mainly around the resonator area. But I think that's only because my exhaust is a bolted up weird. I'm going to the exhaust shop soon to fix some piping and a leak so hopefully I'll get that sorted out.

yea mne has 3 inch exhaust all the way back from the cat. it scrapes all of it. but since i plan on getting a smaller exhaust and having them tuck it in alot better i was just wondering what it would be like. what size exhaust do you have. btw.

yea mne has 3 inch exhaust all the way back from the cat. it scrapes all of it. but since i plan on getting a smaller exhaust and having them tuck it in alot better i was just wondering what it would be like. what size exhaust do you have. btw.

My exhaust piping is 2.25

I got my exhaust fixed and welded up today. Sounds purtyy!

0119011611a.jpg

Last edited:
cool. you should come up to ga one day. we could give you car a perfect paint job. ive got the guns and compressor to do so would just need the paint.

Is 28.9 MPG pretty good gas mileage for a B20 w/ LS tranny? That's on the highway crusing inbetween 75-79 mph.

I calculated it when I went out of town last week in the del Sol. All together I did about 926 miles.

yeah thats about the milage you should expect. pretty much exactly what you get on the hwy in a stock LS integra.

i dunno about you guys, but i never once averaged under 30mpg on any honda i have ever owned.
even my b16 with stock trans doing 4 to 4.5k on the interstate. most i have ever gotten was 45 consistent mpg in one of my old civics, but never less than 30.

i dunno about you guys, but i never once averaged under 30mpg on any honda i have ever owned.
even my b16 with stock trans doing 4 to 4.5k on the interstate. most i have ever gotten was 45 consistent mpg in one of my old civics, but never less than 30.

wow ive never seen mileage like that from any the hondas ive owned. low 30s if i babied my old LS integra on the hwy. had a DA with b16a engine/trans and the best mpg i ever recorded from that motor was 29mpg. the only other hondas motor setups ive had were not even close to stock so dont really count.

well, i also drive like a grandma. my friends make fun of me for it, they all think that its a race from light to light.
but, i have to fill up half as much as they do.

i guess part of it is driving style, but, i was also one to do certain modifications that are frowned upon by certain offices of people. :ph34r:
but, i wanted to save money, and even with those mods, i still passed emissions testing every time.
one of my last hondas was a del sol, i averaged just over 40mpg in that on the interstate, stock d series, with minor mods for easier breathing. my goal was always to make it to panama city from nashville on 1 tank of gas. 475 miles, under 12 gallons, i loved it. lol.
my integra after that got 35city, and about 38 interstate.

Back