Project del Sol - Part 2!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I averaged about 31 on my recent trip with my H22 Accord. It seems like you might need a tune-up.

Got some goodies today from a buddy of mine that recent sold his del Sol

A EDM del Sol steering wheel. It has no airbag.

A JDM Prelude steering wheel. It's minty clean! Just going to hold onto it and see what'll come of it.

Also I installed my JDM door map lights. They're bright as hell!!!! If I turn on both sides and the dome light I can find anything in my car. And that's with regular bulbs. So I'm going to get some cool white bulbs and see how much more of an improvement that makes.

EDMJDMWheel.jpg

Also got some open end lug nuts so I could rock the BBS center caps :)

BBSCentercaps.jpg

Wheels look very nice.

Unfortunately I only manage 30-35mpg's in my HX :( ... Only thing I can think of is a new air filter. I gotta get my rex back on the road...

ive always wondered if the map lights in the door handles were going to be bright lol but on the mpg topic my buddy delivers for dominoes in his 88 crx hf gets 50 mpg no lie less than 20 dollars to fill up.

Forgot to mention I cracked my LS tranny last friday -_- All I heard was CLUNK! I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a trail of tranny fluid.

The Delly has been hard parkked since then, but today I picked up a GSR tranny from a good friend of mines. So tonight I'm going to swap it in if i can get some help from a friend. If not then have to take care of that tomorrow.

GSRTranny.jpg

Too low and hit something?

I know what caused it to crack :( There's a huge tall speedbump at the gate to get into my storage. Since I work on my car there I have no choice but to drive over it. Over time the tranny just kept bamming on it until it eventually cracked.

But I did manage to get the GSR tranny in today. I did it all alone :(

Getting the old tranny down is a piece of cake. Getting the new one up is a PITA but after about 30 minutes of swearing, yelling, and cuts, I finally got it positioned correctly.

I must say it feels much better than a LS tranny. Revs much quicker. All the gears work fine, no grinds, scratching, or pop outs :)

Sad... Awesome!! lmao my reaction to reading your last 2 post.

glad you found a better transmission RJ. the gsr gearing is much better, probably woke that b20 up a little bit.

yeah im sure that is a noticeable difference.. good work :thumbsup:

I always average about 30-35 mpg with my D15b + Si tranny. I drive it pretty hard too...

Some new pics of the Sol! Haven't done anything much to it. Just keeping it clean and running. Thinking about repainting these BBS rims a different color. I'm getting tired of the purple now.

DSC05757.jpg

DSC05754.jpg

The Sol is looking really nice. ^_^ Wish my sedan looked that clean. :/ oh well, I'm working on it.

Back