project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K... well i'm workin 3rd shift, so any evening next week I should be able to swing by... How far are you from bloomfield? (Day Hill Rd to be exact)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jun 29 2004, 04:36 PM
K... well i'm workin 3rd shift, so any evening next week I should be able to swing by... How far are you from bloomfield? (Day Hill Rd to be exact)

45 min

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jun 29 2004, 07:19 AM
B??? Don't give up man, just bring the car to Performance shop and have them fix it....Don't take a dive on this project.....

Unlimited Motorsports in Southwindsor CT. . . . . 70$/hr. Talk to Eric.

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Jun 29 2004, 11:16 PM
Ill fix that shit for 10.

come on over :lol:

unlimited motorsports? never heard of them...

and 70/hr isn't expensive. dealers here get 78-82

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 29 2004, 11:19 PM
44 bucks an hour over here in Orygun.

44 bucks an hour at a performance shop, or at a mechanics shop???? That wayyyyyyyyy cheap...I'm sure a performance shop would not build an engine for 44 bucks an hour...or do performance labor like heads,cam etc.....but if they do LET ME KNOW.=!!! I need ported LT1 heads, ported intake manafold and matching cam and long tube headers..i'll get the work done there

corvetteguy... You want good work done? I know a kickass place in NH that builds all kinds of engines... Majority of the work i see there is SBC's... LMK if you want to talk to him... I watched an engine dyno video they did of a 540 n/a running pig rich w/ retarded timing make 497bhp on the engine dyno... :)

Dam, well with all that work i want done i would easily see those rwhp numbers, but actually my next project is definitly gears, my stock 2.59 will not get me constant 11's...i gotta get 373 with a Vigillanti 3000 tq converter....thats my next project for mycar...i might be able to run high 10's with drag radials with that setup...then again i dont have my car back yet, been in the shop since the 14th so who knows what numbers i am going to be putting down...like i said before my expectations are low 375rwhp tops..just based on what i have seen people with similar setups have..but who knows maybe i will get lucky and see that 400rwhp # that Procharger advertises, 55%-60% of your current HP(269.6rwhp)269 x .55 =148, 148+269=417rwhp....wishful thinking <sigh>

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 30 2004, 02:03 PM-->
Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jun 30 2004, 07:20 AM
Airjockie
@Jun 29 2004, 11:48 PM
I'll do it for beer ;)

Beer!??! I offered to do it for coffee! :)

And B... How far from Norwich? Just wondering which is closer....

no clue...

im about an hour from moheagan

definatly closer to bloomfield
day hill rd bloomfield is about 45 min or less depending on traffic (use to go to school up there)
norwich is a little over an hour away

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 30 2004, 01:03 PM-->
Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jun 30 2004, 07:20 AM
Airjockie
@Jun 29 2004, 11:48 PM
I'll do it for beer ;)

Beer!??! I offered to do it for coffee! :)

And B... How far from Norwich? Just wondering which is closer....

no clue...

im about an hour from moheagan

well i'm 45 seconds from mohegan, so i'm 1 hour 45 seconds away from here... LOL!

1 Night next week we can hook it up and get you all set B.

Originally posted by zueke+Jun 16 2004, 09:00 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Jun 14 2004, 06:35 PM
you can't really "rule out" anything with a short.  For all you know, everything is wired fine but 2 wires are too close and they are arcing.  15A is alot of current.  My guess would be that since the fuse isn't blowing immediately,  it isn't something that is shorted to ground (like a stripped wire to the chassis).  If it was, it would try to flow infinite current right away.  So probably 2 wires that are at different potentials are touching.  The only way to find it is to go over the wiring by hand with a multimeter.  Or the "smoke test" which is pretty fuckin stupid. lol.

Current doesn't matter when you are talking about arcing. Voltage is the only thing that matters when you need to know if something is arcing or not.

A Vacuum furnace doesn't arc its heater because it is 2000 amps, and only 3 volts.

12 volts isn't enough to arc more than 1mm or so.
You need something like 100,000 Volts to arc 1 meter thru air.

And in case no one read my last post...USE A MULTIMETER TO CHECK THE OHM LOAD BETWEEN THE WIRES THAT COME OFF THE FUSE AND THE GROUND. ONE WILL BE 0 OR CLOSE TO IT, AND THAT IS YOUR SHORT.

Again, look at the wires coming off the fuse. It will split the wire from the fuse into a wire going to :
1) Your ECU
2) Your Fuel Pump
3) Your O2 Sensor
4) Your Injectors
...etc....

yeah kid. I'm an electrical/computer engineer. Thanks for the update. The voltage makes it arc and the subsequent current it what blows the fuse. You think his fuel pump is drawing 15amps on it's own?

Back