project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its nto the pump. its been ruled out long ago.

hello and welcome to page 39

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 1 2004, 02:32 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I motion we use that phrase for anything old, outdated, or reposted from now on. :D Do I have a second?

I haven't read all of the pages here, but if it is itermittant, I would first replace the fuse with a self resetting curcuit breaker. I would then replace the plug on the fender that distributes the ignition feed throughout the motor with a individually fused type of distribution. This way you can pinpoint your problem better. If you are desperate on this thing I can see if I can make such a jumper and mail it to ya.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 1 2004, 03:32 PM
its nto the pump. its been ruled out long ago.

yeah I was just correcting dr. electricity up there. I wasn't adding anything.

Hey guys, havent posted in a long while. I actually sat here and read all 40 somewhat pages, WOW! I agree with the majority, its definatly too late to throw in the towel. "Dont regret what you did, regret what you dont do." I know you will regret not finishing it. Theres a reason this project was started, and that should be the same reason to finish it.

I was looking over some of your pics of the wiring and computer, which now lives on the floor :D Have you explored the possibility of one of those wires becoming frayed or cut on something in your vehicle. You say it only happens every now and then, but not even everytime you drive the car. Possibly, under acceleration, shifting, turning or even hitting a bump, that wire is getting snagged on ground. If so, it would definatly pop the fuse. Just a thought. Whats it gonna hurt.

ideling in the garage it does it- its not virbation or getting pulled.

i got money on the o2, but i haven't had time to look it over fully

Bri,

I'm assuming your car has a Computer....Have you tried using a scanner to see if its throwing any codes that might indicate a problem?.......Might have been suggested but i am not reading 47 pages, thanks, please drive through...

car does have a computer, but it is not throwing any codes. everything is hooked up correctly.

this might have been said before... but have you tried to run it with the o2 sensor unplugged??? sure it will throw a code, but you can rule out the bad sensor idea

ran it unplugged for 30 min, didn't pop.
plugged it back in, ran it for another 30 min, didn't pop.

its jsut so sparadic...

I had the ecu fuse in my gsr pop kinda like what you are going through...

what i found out it was, some sort of condensation in the ecu... dried it out, havent popped the ecu fuse in 2 years... just a stab in the dark.

ecu is brand new from hondata... car is garge kept... its not condensation

one more thing that came to mind is the ground that bolts to the t-stat housing.... make sure it is tight

let me see what i can come up with... i brought home the electrical troubleshooting manual from work.... ill see if i can find somthing

I would check all of your grounds. Change the 5 engine ones, and then make sure that the tiny ground right next to the ECU is tight. It has to be something stupid like that. Maybe you messed somethign up when doing the alternator.

I would definately check into that alternator idea.... it makes sense, and you can at least have the alternator checked before replacing it

my voltage regulator went out after i bought my gsr... and the headlights kept blowing out

i would definately look into it

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 8 2004, 08:21 PM
ecu is brand new from hondata... car is garge kept... its not condensation
[post=360675]Quoted post[/post]​

I have seen new parts from companies fail before....thats nothing new.

Send it back to them and get them to benchtest it.

Back