project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey Brian

I was reading page 14 about how your intercooler was hanging down too much on the right side (bov side) and how you were gonna clock the turbo up a little more to fix that problem. Well I have the same problem except the right side of my intercooler is alittle too high and the left side is hanging down. Just wondering if clocking your turbo up a little was what fixed your problem and if you think clocking mine down will help level my intercooler out. It's not terribly unlevel but it's kinda bothering me. I would just go into my garage and check but I'm at work right now.

i re-mounted the entire thing and cut more of my front end./bumper support to raise it up

Oh.

Well I'll try the turbo clocking anyway when I get home and see if it helps out at all. If not then I'll have to think of something else.

Or maybe I'll just take a hammer to the front bumper support.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 8 2004, 10:24 PM
just cut it out :)
[post=374151]Quoted post[/post]​

depends on how big the IC is, you can just mount it below it.

b, now that your car might actually be able to accelerate now, you will soon need a cage.

This maybe

tn_Supernats11.jpg

tn_Supernats6.jpg

500tn145-4592_IMG.jpg

did he forget some mounts?

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 9 2004, 12:59 AM
he doesnt have an intercooler either?
[post=374190]Quoted post[/post]​

he does, but it's an air to water intercooler. Alot of full drag cars do it that way. I am guessing areodyanmics would be also be better.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 9 2004, 01:07 AM
why in the name of the baby jesus did he mount the motor sideways?
[post=374193]Quoted post[/post]​

easier oil changes, why else?

there's no way that car runs... lol WTF.

and there's no way that im going to get a cage through the rear window.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2004, 08:41 AM
there's no way that car runs... lol WTF.

and there's no way that im going to get a cage through the rear window.
[post=374237]Quoted post[/post]​

He runs a dry sump, so it does run, and it defently runs. I have seen it run 9's in vids.

ok, so even if he can get the oil up with the sump... if it sits like that, the lube on the top of the pistons is lacking at best, and it screams "leak out my exhaust valves"

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2004, 08:47 AM
ok, so even if he can get the oil up with the sump... if it sits like that, the lube on the top of the pistons is lacking at best, and it screams "leak out my exhaust valves"
[post=374249]Quoted post[/post]​

Not really....Alot of engines are slanted, or completely horizontally opposed...most aircraft piston engines are flat 4 bangers up to 6 cyls on some....if he did the internal head work and has enough angle to let the oil flow back to where it needs to go...I don't see why it wouldn't work.

not to mention, subaru, volkswagen, porsche, even the ferrari 512 (testarossa) was a flat 12 :)

Back