project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spoke with my dad about this earlyier, he said that an over-charging alternator, can sometimes cause a popped ecu fuse. any thoughts about that ?

make sence. it just started after you put the alternator on. Run it will the belt off, it disconnected and see if it stops.

i dont have time to tough it this week

work is owning me
i have a friends computer im trying to fix before friday
friday i leave for mass for the weekend

Leave for mass?? Are you going to church now B?? LOL!!!

But the alternator thing sounds resonable. :shrug2: It never hurts to try :shrug2: Do it when you get back from the sermon..uh...Massachutes.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Jul 20 2004, 11:43 PM
Leave for mass?? Are you going to church now B?? LOL!!!
[post=366065]Quoted post[/post]​

He needs a miracle for the sol to run right, so prayer is the right direction :p

welp, worked on her tonight with neon mike....

found the problem.....

as suspected, it was the o2.

DSC01027.JPG

DSC01028.JPG

melted up on the down pipe.

re-wired/soldered and re-routed it so that there is NO way it can ever hit the down pipe again.

turn her on, ran...
no popped fuse.

werd.

went to take her for a spin....

fuck, shes driving like shit.... misfiring like crazy, no power...

came back home after a quick loop around the block.

#2 isn't firing for shit.

its running on 3 cyls... idel is like 600, and used to idel at 1100 (where i set it)

pulled the plugs... they are oiled up, but look ok.

replaced #2 plug wire with a d-series spare plug wire i had lying around the house... nothing.

half way on, like holding the plug wire against the distributor, it sparked, so its not the dizzy... and it did kinda choke up a little it when the conenction was made.

so, tomoorw, after the 240 dyno day... im getting all new plugs and wires... see if that cleans it up.

problem #2 found.

the vacuum mani is leaking like hell.
the 5/8" heater hose i have for the main port off the JG IM to the T to the brake bosoter and vac mani is flat. pinched. you move the hose, the car revs up or dies depending...

fuck vac hose.

tomorrow, im buying about 50' of -4 hose for all my vac accessories, and 3' of -10 for the main T off. that way, it won't go flat on itself.

so, 1 problem solved i think....

2 more to go..... and probably a lot more after that too.... :sad:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jul 30 2004, 11:02 PM-->
@Jul 30 2004, 11:52 PM
Does this mean youre gonna keep the car?  :D
[post=370621]Quoted post[/post]​

i've had no offers on it... i really have no choice.
[post=370629]Quoted post[/post]​

HAHAH KEEP THEM AWAY DONT LET ANYONE BUY HIS CAR!!!!... WE WILL MAKE YOU FINISH IT!!! :ph34r:

Dude , I'm gonna bitch slap you Bri :blink: I told you it was a grounded o2 wire wonths ago..lol Glad you got that part ok.. sounds like you have the firing order off on your plug wires now..lol remember when your not in boost your just on plain old honda maps with hondata. If its studdering bad try to advance the base timming alittle and see if it clears up. then go the other way if it doesnt. I find with high oct you need to run more initial timming because it burns slower.

Back