Proper offset?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shuturmowth

Hi, I have a 6th gen civic coupe, and i will be buying some 17x7's w/ 205 tires, and wanted to know what the proper offset would be for my car...

Thanks

Originally posted by shuturmowth@Feb 6 2004, 08:26 AM
also, how would i find out what the diameter of the tire will be??

17" :roll: 35mm offset may tuck, but you should just avoid 17's they look wrong on Civics.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 6 2004, 02:31 AM-->
shuturmowth
@Feb 6 2004, 08:26 AM
also, how would i find out what the diameter of the tire will be??

17" :roll: 35mm offset may tuck, but you should just avoid 17's they look wrong on Civics.

:withstupid: if you really want larger heavier wheels just go with 16s. I'd rather stick with 15s and 14s and have 11 pound rims.

yo ppl i am lookin into some rims and was wondering what would be more convinient small and light or big and heavy i want some 16 but i cant find one that a nice weight. any one with that knowledge?

Originally posted by Prelude92@Feb 6 2004, 03:19 PM
yo ppl i am lookin into some rims and was wondering what would be more convinient small and light or big and heavy i want some 16 but i cant find one that a nice weight. any one with that knowledge?

well for starters.... try starting your own thread
next... lets work on proper english (ive read that 3 times and im still not exactly sure what the hell you are trying to ask)

hmm, my 15" rotas are 38, that should still fit nice though. though i wanna say 40-42 is the magic number ofr hondas.

depends on the tire, but in my case, my tires way mopre then my rims do.. i have 15" rota circuit 8's, which are a whopping 12 lbs..

i weighed the rims with tires on... combined they weighed 30 lbs.

Yea, i bought them already.. 38mm offset 17x7 18lbs... the same as my wheels and tires now, so that kinda sucks. But as soon as i get my military pay comin in i will save for a swap to balance the loss...

Does anyone know the formula for rotating weight or whatever (to tell how much weight i will really be adding)?
thanks again...

Ohh and the reason i got these wheels is because i found them for $649 w/ tires mounted and balanced w/ lug nuts and shipped... Ohh and they painted them black for me too(left the lip polished)...

If anyone wants to see them heres the link

http://www.wheelguyz.com/shop/details.asp?...at=29&path=3,29

Thanks for your guys' input... and thanks for stopping the jacking of my thread...

Back