Putting Turbo In A 02 Lx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RuthlessIllusions

I just wanted to know about how much Hp i would probably get of of a turbo for my 02 LX
(what i really want to do is drop a new motor in it)

If you want to turbo a LX you could only run like 4/5 psi that is to stay on the safe side. Also you would have to get a custome exhaust mainfold, you would have to get a return fuel line also you would have to reprograme the ECU and so on... You would only have like 150hp at the wheels wich is weak. Try to find a K20A2 and just swap that in.

Someone at 7thgencivic.com ran 197hp to the wheels on his turboed 02 ex. He ran on stock internals, didn't have to convert to a return style fuel system but I think he used a stand alone haltech fuel controller. I don't remember the details. But yeah, I'd still go with a type-r swap instead.

It's probably not save to install turbo in the stock engine of 7thgen civic. I asked some bodyshop enginner and he told me that the stock engine can't take very high presure, so it's pretty easy for the engine to blow-up. :)
I have a Civic LX as well, and I thinking of getting a B16 series engine to replace the stock engine.
:lol:

Originally posted by mcwoowoo@Mar 10 2003, 05:56 PM
It's probably not save to install turbo in the stock engine of 7thgen civic. I asked some bodyshop enginner and he told me that the stock engine can't take very high presure, so it's pretty easy for the engine to blow-up. :)
I have a Civic LX as well, and I thinking of getting a B16 series engine to replace the stock engine.

A B16? are u serious? it'll never fit.

Originally posted by CRXRookie+Apr 3 2003, 10:34 PM-->
@Mar 10 2003, 05:56 PM

A B16? are u serious? it'll never fit.

Yes it will.

And by the way- what does a body shop engineer know about engine combustion dynamics anyway?

I thought 01 or 02 was the years the k-seriess will fit with a mount kit. I didnt know it would also fit a b16.

Anyways.. the d17 has a PLASTIC IM, i wouldn't put a turbo on it, it would cause massive heatsoak and be worthless.

you might be able to hit 190s. The negative effects on a stock motor would be monumental at least

Back