questions

• Thread starter Thread starter rushcrx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rushcrx

Ok guys got a lot of questions so I can fully understand this whole swap I have been researching everything but need things clearified (sp). I am putting a 95 d16z6 into a 89 civic dx. I read a bunch of info on wiring but dont fully understand it.

What I have for my swap:
d16z6 long block and hydro tranny
wiring harness off block
p28 (in shipping)
obd 0 to 1 conversion harness (in shipping)

ok first off all I am thinking about using my d15 tranny but putting my d16 flywheel on it (what clutch do I buy, a d16 right?)

wiring I suck balls at wiring I am getting a conv harness and a p28 (so it is plug and play right)

vtec (how to hook it up)

thanks guys in advance!

ok cool....sell that hydro tranny its worthless to you ...good job on ecu and conversion harness.. you can either build your dpfi to mpfi conversion harness or buy one from hasport. vtec is easy 3 wires is all the hasport harness already has this though. you will also need to use the z6 dizzy for this swap because your dizzy wont work on the head. you will also have to run two extra wires for the dizzy

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Jun 28 2004, 12:13 PM
ok cool....sell that hydro tranny its worthless to you ...good job on ecu and conversion harness.. you can either build your dpfi to mpfi conversion harness or buy one from hasport. vtec is easy 3 wires is all the hasport harness already has this though. you will also need to use the z6 dizzy for this swap because your dizzy wont work on the head. you will also have to run two extra wires for the dizzy

Ok how do I build my conv harness???? what is the easiest way to do it? and also how do I run the extra wires to the dist? Also which wiring harness should I use my ef d15 harness or the 95 d16 one??

its really easy you already have two of the existing wires you need for the dpfi to mpfi. take your 95 harness and remove the injector subharness from it...to do this unloom the harness completely and follow the yellow and black wires back to what looks to be a dead plug BE SURE NOT TO CLIP OFF THIS PLUG... leave about 1 foot of each of the red, brown, blue, and yellow wires coming out of the injector subharness, CLIP ONLY THE RED, BLUE, YELLOW AND BROWN WIRES WITH 1 FOOT OF EXCESS. now there are like 2 or three yellow/black wires still tied into the harness, just clip these where they tie into the main harness. now clip off the two injector clips off of your dx harness connect the solid yellow wire to the brown wire of the 95 harness, connect the red wire to the blue 95 wire, now run the red 95 wire to the A3 position on your obd0 harness, run the yellow 95 wire to A7 position on the obd0 harness. now you have two yellow/ black wires left over from the dx harness just connect these into the yellow and black wires you snipped earlier.(you will have to improvise with wire lengths and positioning on the harness for this to look right but its not that hard). youll have to move your map sensor from the firewall to the throttle body but all this is is lengthning the wires. also have to exend IAT wire, move purge control from firewall to manifold, move fan switch from back of block to thermostat housing, if ive forgotten about any other wires that need to be extended youll find out ....lol....now you have to add for a four wire 02 for this remember that 8 wire plug with all the yellow/and black wires? run the yellow and black wire from your 02 plug that you snipped from the 95 harness to one of these wires, the next wire is a sensor ground and you can tap into any green/white wire in the obd0 harness, now the org/black wire runs back to your ecu at pin a6 on the obd1 side of the conv harness. now the white wire serves the same purpose as it did before just wire these two wires together. ok as far as the dizzy goes you will have to snip the plugs off of your obd1 harness for this. match colors with the orange, oranage/blue, white, and white/blue. place the fatter white wire where the yellow/green wire went. no you have two extra wires on this plug these run back to the ecu with shielded wire you can pick up at radio shack. the blue/yellow goes to c2 on your obd0 side and the blue/green goes to c1 on the obd0 side. now swap pins on the other plug with the black/yellow and blue wires. one last thing you have to do is swap the two outside wires with one another on your tps because the tps rotate in diff directions. if anyone find any discrepencies in this please let me know because this is all from memory.

what to so about a vtec controller or will my p28 cover that?

Back