R.I.P. Del Sol 1993-2005

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So I used the same word twice... what's the big deal?

fuck fixing it..it will never drive the same.. when mine was all hit, it pulled to the left hard on decel even after several attempts at alignment. i hate driving a car after i've gotten into an accident with it.

whenever accidents happen that aren't your fault.. its usually a good thing.
if it was paid off, it was time to start looking for something new...

get an s2000 :)

Yours isn't green, and has like a bajillion miles on it.

I don't want car payments, damnit...I just need to wait and see what my options are. :cry:

Adjuster came out, and said it will probably be totalled. So, my next step--before I hit up the junkyards, I was going to see if anyone on here has some OEM wheels, or pieces of shit they don't want/want to sell for cheap. No way they are taking my Enkei RP-F1's and Potenza S-03's. I also have I/H/E, I might take off the exhaust if I can find a replacement, but the intake and header aren't worth replacing. In fact, I don't think I can even get to the header now.

I talked with the insurance company, and he said the value will most likely be around 4K, which is what I assumed it would be. He said he has seen in the past where people go after the insurance company for more, I told him I spent 2 years looking for a Samba Green Del Sol, and they were made for 2 years on one model only, and that the car is irreplaceable.

I did go to the Nissan dealership today, I looked at an 06 Nissan Altima SE-R...Badass, 260 hp, 251 tq. Price is around 28-29k, I can get a lower model for around 21-22.

Torquesteer.

I have some 13" steelies I can send ya if you want to pay shipping and tire dismounting. (or I could send them with the crap tires they've got on em)

i have those mr7's lying around.

i have a buddy in tallahassee with a boost 01 ( i think) altima. its damn fast

Go to the local junk yard, there are 987603498573 different models that have the 4x100 lug pattern. Most of 'em will sell you a steelie with a crappy tire for $10 or less a pop.

Also, take the exhaust too. Take all of your aftermarket parts off, or you will be giving them away. They expect that you will take what is yours. They won't reject a car because the stereo or exhaust or whatever is missing.

What engine? If its a b16, go to the junk yard and pick up an LS head, bolt that bitch up, and keep the b16 head. Or get a junked d16 and swap it out completely.

Seriously, a third-party tow truck guy will pick up the car and haul it to its final resting place. Not an insurance guy. They won't know anything about the car other than it goes to this yard or that auction sight. They won't check that it has all of its parts, they'll winch it up on a flatbed and dump it wherever it goes.

Well, if they give me a check, I will see how much it will cost to buy it back. I don't NEED an airbag, it would be nice in case this shit happens again, but I always wear my seatbelt. That's the main thing.

The engine is a D16Z6, not worth pulling if it's totalled. The Tanabe system bolted on, so if they total it, I will take it off, no emissions here, redneck drive stangs with open headers all the time.

Micah, how much you want for the wheels?

be careful with pulling stuff off.

a lot of times, your adjustment will gone down if you pul stuff, as the orig adjustment was made on the current state of the car.

OMG Nick, are you sick in the head? Do not get an Nissan SE-R. Hell you could afford your dream car, an Evo VIII RS for that price! :)

Quoted post[/post]]
be careful with pulling stuff off.

a lot of times, your adjustment will gone down if you pul stuff, as the orig adjustment was made on the current state of the car.

Progressive told me it was ok. They said, take out your stereo if you want to, you don't even need to put a replacement one back in, just leave it in the seat. He said the wheels were good, too as long as I replace them. As far as exhaust, like I said, no emissions, no problems. The inspectors checked the engine bay, bumper, etc. One checked the tread on the car, and said it had about 50% left. Neither of them went all the way around, so they never noticed the exhaust (or lack thereof)

Quoted post[/post]]
OMG Nick, are you sick in the head? Do not get an Nissan SE-R. Hell you could afford your dream car, an Evo VIII RS for that price! :)

I'm not getting the Altima SE-R unless I get a killer deal, and a shitload of money from his insurance company, a 30k car is too rich for my blood. Besides, if I was to spend 30k on in import it would be a STi or new S2k.

Nissan > Suburu > Honda > Mitsubishi as far as new cars go.

So, if I provide shipping both ways, will you trade me your z6 head, intake, vtec solenoid, and sensors for my A6 head, intake, and sensors? I'll throw in a couple of extra bucks to sweeten the deal. The A6 head will bolt right up and look stock.

How long do you have?? I'm dead serious about this.

Probably not, and I would need to make some $ out of this. The car won't be in my driveway more than 3 days, dude. It's either A. ) going to a body shop to be repaired or B.) going to a junkyard. If they say it's totalled, and I buy it back, then we will talk about parting it out. At this point, I am more concerned about getting a rental car, it's been 2 days, and I still don't have one, I'm getting pissed.

man faded black is the next best thing to samba green :p

id sell you mine minus wheels, glass roof, and system for 3k :ph34r:
the interior pieces i no longer have you could rip out of your own.

i only have tires on 2 of the mr7's and they are balder then shit but if its being hauled to a junkyard that wont matter. i could prolly get another 2 shitty ones from my buddy whose a manager of big10 for free.

i was gonna sell them for 250 shipped. you can have for 200 and ill meet ya somewhere with them.

but if your gonna let them haul it off then let me know cause ill grab some of the interior shit from you lol :mrgreen:

--- im headed to work in about 10 minutes and wont read this again until tonight, but im off all day tomorrow and ill be available sat from like 2pm >

call me if you need to get in touch with me fast, 960-9966 if you dont still have my #

you know i was only half serious when i posted that, but for real.

3k and ill sell you mine :p
b16, 145k
distro/ignition/starter/flywheel all have less then 20k on them, timing belt and water pump have less then 5k
neuspeed race springs and kyb shocks have less then 1k

you could use the other 1k left over to get it painted

let me know :p

or use that 1k to complete your 1/2 missing interior. :)

9. NINE fucking Samba Green Del Sols for sale in the entire U.S. via autotrader.com. This machine, like pissedoffsol said, is irriplaceable. This isn't some red Chevy found at any corner of a used auto lot. The average price for them via autotrader is 6,096.

At this point, I would like to get either 6100 for the car, or 4k and the title back, and use the 4k as a down payment on a S2K or Altima.

go s2k. I would if I was really in the market for a new car. I almost got one, but realized I didn't need one because my civic is enough for now. But if my car were to get totaled, or stolen, I'd get the s2k in a heartbeat.

Back